My new (s/h) Ruger SR22

Pangolin

Picked this up today, in very good condition, came with a Hawke scope, Wildcat Whisper, 3 mags and ammo.

Will have to give it an outing tomorrow.

Off to get my CZ 17hmr on Saturday.

Will the 22lr Wildcat mod be fine on my CZ 17hmr if I want to use one mod for both guns, I have slots on ticket for a mod of each calibre, or legally does it have to be a 17cal mod as written?

20210527_135410-01.jpeg

20210527_140344-01.jpeg

Edited by Pangolin

1 hour ago, Pangolin said:

Will the 22lr Wildcat mod be fine on my CZ 17hmr if I want to use one mod for both guns, I have slots on ticket for a mod of each calibre, or legally does it have to be a 17cal mod as written?

That should be fine on HMR , Wildcat could confirm, but a whisper is rated up to all rimfire calibres, the .17 specific one obviously wouldnt fit a .22 without changing the baffle stack though, but a .22 will fit a .17 barrel as long as the threads are the same.

1 hour ago, Pangolin said:

Picked this up today, in very good condition, came with a Hawke scope, Wildcat Whisper, 3 mags and ammo.

Will have to give it an outing tomorrow.

Off to get my CZ 17hmr on Saturday.

20210527_135410-01.jpeg

20210527_140344-01.jpeg

Whoa! You’ll get the bed wetters wetting beds with that! 🙂

Looks great! Hours and hours of fun with that! Regarding the mod’ I have no idea, but can’t see why it would be illegal to have a .22 mod’ on a .17 rifle as long as it’s on your ticket. 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

That should be fine on HMR , Wildcat could confirm, but a whisper is rated up to all rimfire calibres, the .17 specific one obviously wouldnt fit a .22 without changing the baffle stack though, but a .22 will fit a .17 barrel as long as the threads are the same.

Yeah thats what i thought, as the 17 is smaller it should be fine.

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Whoa! You’ll get the bed wetters wetting beds with that! 🙂

Looks great! Hours and hours of fun with that! Regarding the mod’ I have no idea, but can’t see why it would be illegal to have a .22 mod’ on a .17 rifle as long as it’s on your ticket. 🤷‍♂️

Hopefully it will be hours of fun, not very traditional but youve seen my green AYA haha.

Will I get lectures about going out in the field and the police being called, ha.

I was going to buy a new, cheaper AR clone but then would need a scope, mod etc, extra cost on top of the gun.

Edited by Pangolin

2 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

I had one of those,  it was fun and accurate.  They make a full length top rail that makes the look a lot better

Yeah, I seen the top rail with the stupid, odd hole spacing, why they didnt keep the spacing the same as the 3,6 and 9 o'clock rail holes I dont know.

I might just chuck a pictatinny somewhere for the torch.

Edited by Pangolin