Metal Detecting with a Mine Sweeper , ? Vallon VMH 3CS

oldypigeonpopper

Hello, I started metal detecting in the late 1980s and since that time using a Heath Robinson detector right up to present day with a top of range Minelab, although I do very little now and just have my Golden Mask +1 UK, Yesterday I spied the above for sale and could not resist buying🙄, and trying out, they are P I  induction detectors that go very deeeeep, 🤔 , the nearest one I had to this was an Arado if spelling right, and that was a Pi , but I shan't be joining bomb disposal, going to find a beach and give it a whirl , it all seems to work ok albeit indoors,  oh will have to use a shoulder strap 🙄 the army lads and lassies must have strong arms, 😁, will try on the farm but looking at some beaches, South Coast, ??, any ideas, I have tried Bognor Regis, but mum would not dig the holes 😆( joking) so any PW members detect ?, sorry can't do a photo ?🙄cheers

24 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

That’s good to know I’m assuming that if the army uses these there pretty simple things and basically idiot proof 🤭😂

Hello , once you understand the controls, setting up, it has led lights, sound, and vibration , sensitivity, and ground balance, normal soil and mineral, eg wet beach sand, just need to find a beach to try out 🤔 oh there is no discrimination so it an all metal detector 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper