BASC GDPR REMOVAL OF PERSONAL INFORMATION

Under the general data protection act I wish to exercise my right to be erased, known as 'the right to be forgotten'. I am proposing a request of what personal data is held, also, if any has been shared with other parties and for a complete erasure of my data at source and to all shared parties wherever uttermost possible.

Have any other PW members requested this, and if so, how was the response? I have already had a look at the BASC privacy policy.

atb 7diaw

35 minutes ago, Dave at kelton said:

Can’t understand why is there an issue to discuss. BASC simply have to follow the regulations like every other organisation in the U.K. by complying. Have I missed something?

Hi Dave

No issue discussing, I was after a response to see if anyone had requested and been denied certain elements of the erasure,  GDPR does entail certain caveats what bodies are legally compelled to remove and what they are not, dependent on how they define your data usage. On the basc website it does not give explicit detail so was trying to gauge any members experience, if they felt the erasure was accountably sufficient in the individuals eyes and also how long the process took etc.

atb

7diaw

16 minutes ago, 7daysinaweek said:

Hi Dave

No issue discussing, I was after a response to see if anyone had requested and been denied certain elements of the erasure,  GDPR does entail certain caveats what bodies are legally compelled to remove and what they are not, dependent on how they define your data usage. On the basc website it does not give explicit detail so was trying to gauge any members experience, if they felt the erasure was accountably sufficient in the individuals eyes and also how long the process took etc.

atb

7diaw

Thanks for explaining 👍. Just that I get dragged into this sort of stuff as part of the day job although technically not my field.

1 hour ago, robbiep said:

BASC's privacy policy is pretty clear, and pretty obvious to find from their home page :

https://basc.org.uk/basc-privacy-policy/

If you want your information, or it to be deleted by them, why not just ask them to do it, instead of imagining some monster conspiracy theory about obstacles they might put in your way ?

No monster theory here.

From the BASC website.

Please note that these rights may be limited by data protection legislation and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exemptions apply.

Was enquiring had anyone experienced any exemptions or concerns with the erasure process and how long it took.