Safe distance for ricochet

This is the Knobscreek machine gun festival I go to every year.  Every once in a while you catch a ricochet.  It’s like getting hit with a paintball.  It hurts but not to bad.  It’s part of the experience. The put 100lbs of explosives in a fishing troller one time and a lady caught a piece in the boob.  She was giving the thumbs up when they ambulance was taken her out so she was fine.  But you can see the tracers going in all directions.  It’s 3 days of good fun, buying and selling machine guns and explosives.   

Edited by NoBodyImportant

51 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

The level of lead poisoning in that area must be horrific 🤭

I think BASC should call for a phase out of lead at Knob Creek by 2025 for the sake of the eagles :w00t:

Lol,  the military shot so much into that mountain before it became a public range that is civilians are not making a dent.  And to be honest the burning cars and campers are probably more toxic.  The range rules are shot what you want.  I have seen what your guys called caravans fill with tires and gasoline drug out to the 100yard line.  Last time I was there a guy had a full auto transferable tec9 for 3k.  I was going to get it but buy the time I came up with the cash he sold it.  

Edited by NoBodyImportant

Most ranges wont allow flame throwers but Knobscreek allows them along with all cannons and artillery.  If it’s civilian legal you can shoot it.  I would bet money someone on here has been.  Half of the attendees of the machine gun festival are from the UK, Europe, or Canada.  It’s actually amazing how much guns interest Europeans.  I took a Huey ride and the pilot and I where the only English speakers on the helicopter.  us-guns-kentucky-gun-culture_f8c587ce-60

15 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Most ranges wont allow flame throwers but Knobscreek allows them along with all cannons and artillery.  If it’s civilian legal you can shoot it.  I would bet money someone on here has been.  Half of the attendees of the machine gun festival are from the UK, Europe, or Canada.  It’s actually amazing how much guns interest Europeans.  I took a Huey ride and the pilot and I where the only English speakers on the helicopter.  

Im defo going one day before the democrats try and  ban it .
The lead comment is a bit tongue in cheek , as our own shooting orgs have agreed in principle to phase out lead shot and bullets, and replace them with copper and steel alternatives... it will kill shooting in the UK and EU for ordinary people.

I cant even imagine anything like that going off over here :no:

3 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Im defo going one day before the democrats try and  ban it .
The lead comment is a bit tongue in cheek , as our own shooting orgs have agreed in principle to phase out lead shot and bullets, and replace them with copper and steel alternatives... it will kill shooting in the UK and EU for ordinary people.

I cant even imagine anything like that going off over here 

The Big Sandy is another good one.  I haven’t been to that one yet.  Wife says it’s knobscreek or big Sandy, she isn’t going to both.  So I always GM go to Knobscreek.  But I might change it up next year.  

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, London Best said:

Agreed! Too daft to laugh at.

It’s in Bullet county KY lol.  Down ShotGunners way.  

It $10 to get in, $10 to camp but camping kinda sucks there. The Helicopters land right in the camp ground and scream over 10ft over head so it’s a consistent battle to keep you campsite nailed down.  I’d stay in Louisville and drive in.  Mammoth Cave National park will blow you mind also if your into large caves.  

Nothing to see here, move along, just a ***** great big WORKING cannon on a trailer!!!

I've never really fancied travelling to the USA - mostly because of all the crackpots over there, but I guess it depends on which kind of crackpots you like to mingle with.  This looks like the right kind of bonkers!

8 hours ago, Jim Neal said:

I've never really fancied travelling to the USA - mostly because of all the crackpots over there, 

I think you are wrong, Jim. The US is one of the best places to visit. It is a very diverse country with many beautiful places and a lot of friendly, welcoming people. I think I have visited 17 States now and the only crackpots I have met have been a couple of religious zealots, who always seem to latch on to me. 

10 hours ago, Jim Neal said:

Nothing to see here, move along, just a ***** great big WORKING cannon on a trailer!!!

I've never really fancied travelling to the USA - mostly because of all the crackpots over there, but I guess it depends on which kind of crackpots you like to mingle with.  This looks like the right kind of bonkers!

We've got more than our fair share of crack pots in this country to. 

I'd love to have a day down there, it looks brilliant. 

I keep seeing places selling 308 tracer bullets in the UK, so presume they are legal in the UK? They seem cheap enough to have a go with but then they seem to only ignite after 50m - 100m. (I'm aware of the fire risk etc and they would just be used for target shooting).

Anyone tried them over here?

7 minutes ago, Windswept said:

I keep seeing places selling 308 tracer bullets in the UK, so presume they are legal in the UK? They seem cheap enough to have a go with but then they seem to only ignite after 50m - 100m. (I'm aware of the fire risk etc and they would just be used for target shooting).

Anyone tried them over here?

I used to shoot loads of them.