Safe distance for ricochet

15 hours ago, Windswept said:

I keep seeing places selling 308 tracer bullets in the UK, so presume they are legal in the UK? They seem cheap enough to have a go with but then they seem to only ignite after 50m - 100m. (I'm aware of the fire risk etc and they would just be used for target shooting).

Anyone tried them over here?

They are hard on your barrel.  A while back Canadian surplus tracers we’re as about $80 per thousand here in the states.  I bought 5k just because they were cheap and accurate enough for 100yard plinking.  I quickly released they where causing really bad throat erosion.  I determined that I should only shoot them through one rifle. I got on the AR15 forum and many people had the same experience though nobody could explain why.  The best guess is the bimetal jacket they used.  

On 17/06/2021 at 02:54, London Best said:

I think you are wrong, Jim. The US is one of the best places to visit. It is a very diverse country with many beautiful places and a lot of friendly, welcoming people. I think I have visited 17 States now and the only crackpots I have met have been a couple of religious zealots, who always seem to latch on to me. 

My experience is the southern hospitality that you here about is real. When you get up north, or in California people can be rather rude.  I didn’t realize that until in traveled outside of the South.  Florida is getting that way as people flee NY and Cal they are bringing their attitude with them. 

16 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

My experience is the southern hospitality that you here about is real. When you get up north, or in California people can be rather rude.  I didn’t realize that until in traveled outside of the South.  Florida is getting that way as people flee NY and Cal they are bringing their attitude with them. 

That is about right. But I think the Northerners are just more abrupt and it can be mistaken for rudeness. I have friends in Cleveland and Buffalo but my Southern friend from Alabama sadly died early at 56. When I mentioned friends from NY State he used to say, “they’re just damned Yankees.”