10 bore RTO

Morning all, I was wondering if anyone has any 10 gauge RTO load data please? I have various components but the data I've found from ballistic products is for fold crimp and full length cases, in other words I don't know how much of the case to cut off and alter powder charge etc for RTO, cheers.

The old rules used to be that RTO would take around 10% more powder but that was lead. I wouldn’t risk it with steel. You also have to take account of the gun. Ithaca seems to eat anything but my old browning gold wouldn’t recycle anything RTO. I have since bought a MEC Steelmaster so only crimp. I did though cut 1/4 inch off the case but you could just as easily pack it out a little.

Standard 10 bore load here with plastic wad is 42 gm steel and 42gn Alliant Steel powder.

Edited by Dave at kelton

5 hours ago, Dave at kelton said:

The old rules used to be that RTO would take around 10% more powder but that was lead. I wouldn’t risk it with steel. You also have to take account of the gun. Ithaca seems to eat anything but my old browning gold wouldn’t recycle anything RTO. I have since bought a MEC Steelmaster so only crimp. I did though cut 1/4 inch off the case but you could just as easily pack it out a little.

Standard 10 bore load here with plastic wad is 42 gm steel and 42gm Alliant Steel powder.

That’s a lot of powder (typo?.)