Mobile charging in vehicles

Ricko

28 minutes ago, Ricko said:

Hi, I have a cig lighter adapter to charge my Samsung mobile in my car. Whilst on a road trip it seemed to take forever to charge it up. Is there a faster alternative?

Thanks

I got a cheep charger off Ebay for my Samsung mobile ( about £3.50 posted ) and in my CR-V it don't seem any slower than if I had charged it up on my mains at home , very handy little bit of kit .

Look for an in-car charger that supports fast or super fast charging, if you phone supports either of them. Samsung do one that supports super fast charging but only on a C type usb.

https://www.uk-mobilestore.co.uk/products/official-samsung-45w-pd-usb-c-15w-usb-a-ports-car-charger-with-5w-cable-black

Edited by Newbie to this

swmbo bought a sat nav 2nd-hand that came with a plug in gizmo
Fits the normal car 12-v socket. Only paid it some attention once she started using it.
Has a blue lcd display which shows output voltage from engine, plus it also has a couple of USB outlets
Tried it with a dead phone - had it fully charged in next to no time...and unlike similar units I've tried, it stays IN the socket
Keep meaning to check the make/model and get one myself

You could have a poor connection when plugging in. Try giving the socket a wee rub inside with some scotchbrite. My cig lighter socket up front is dead but the one in the back seats works so I have a lead going from there. My Samsung s7 will be charged around 70% after a decent 45minute journey.