4x4 wanted

Savage Steve

My vehicle is sold and going at the end of June which gives me a month to buy a new one.
So I'm looking to spend £5000 to £15000 without vat.
Double or crew cab.
Auto would be nice but not the end all.
Order of preference
Toyota Hi-Lux
Ford Ranger

All Others considered.
Fiat (don't know much about them though) any info anybody???

Cheers Steve

Edited by Savage Steve

23 minutes ago, Savage Steve said:

My vehicle is sold and going at the end of June which gives me a month to buy a new one.
So I'm looking to spend £5000 to £15000 without vat.
Double or crew cab.
Auto would be nice but not the end all.
Order of preference
Toyota Hi-Lux
Ford Ranger
Others.
Fiat (don't know much about them though) any info anybody???

Cheers Steve

Just picking up on the preferably automatic bullet - have you deliberately excluded the Nissan Navara as quite a few seems to be auto compared to HiLux which seems to be mostly manuals, dont know how they perform but they seem sto be decent value (which can of course sometimes mean nobody wants to buy them!)

D

When it comes to the Ford rangers my advice is search search and search some more, some absolute bargains to be had if you are willing to look for them,  I bagged a 2017 model ranger wildtrack fully loaded with canopy tow bar and most of the optional extras, covered 34,410miles and 1 owner from new  for sub £19k (when I was buying that spec and mileage was selling around the £24/28k mark)  It’s just a matter of looking and not jumping at the first thing you see. Good luck with your hunt for the right vehicle 👍🏻

18 hours ago, Mr grumpy said:

Hilux,end of

Totally agree. I’ve just spent three months looking for the right Hilux and eventually found a invincible in grey on a 18 plate but registered feb 2019 from a Toyota dealer so I got nearly three years warranty and road side assistance, and for the first time ever I went for a automatic  having driven my mates auto I am well pleased with it, it’s got 25 thousand on the clock a tow bar and a canopy with side opening windows . No VAT and I paid £21.5 k having now looked at various dealers and sites it seems I had a good deal? Definitely worth looking around. It’s my second Hilux and tbh I think the hilux is a great bit of kit and it’s in the name ( invincible !!! ) 🤷‍♂️ Best of luck with finding the right truck for you whatever model you decide on . 🤙