Guinness book

DUNKS

How do I nominate a person?

We have a woman who lives in a house at the bottom of our garden. Now the nice weather is here she and friends are out inn their garden. Just sitting AND SHE TALKS, I mean talks. I have been spending time in my little workshop at the bottom of my garden so I can hear her. Cant quite hear what she is saying but I can hear the drone of her voice. Got up yesterday 7.30 straight to my workshop to check on a bit of gluing I did the day before. She is in full swing. Long story short she was still at it 9.30 last  night. She never stops to draw  breath! Today again she's in full swing, Really should be nominated. How does she do it? What is it she's talking about. I do occasionally hear another voice but not for long. Thinking of taking round some throat lozenges.

In the early days of mobile phones when they were more the preserve of business (and both phones and calls were not cheap) - I got into the train at Paddington to travel back across the Cotswolds via Oxford after a day working in London.  A lady sat down opposite me and got out her phone - and was loudly on the phone almost to Oxford - when the phone battery expired.  I thought I was then in for some peace - but no - she rummaged in her bag and got out a new battery (phones then had interchgangeable batteries)  ........ and on went with more calls.  Fortunately, as you get west of Oxford, the signal gets poor ........ and she gave up after a great many loud "Hello, Hello - you still there" type exclamations.

Had it been a high powered business conversation, I might have been less annoyed - but it was trivia, chat, and latest bargains in Tesco's etc.

Guy at work like that. Tbf it's not entirely his fault, he works alone a lot, but at lunch he doesn't shut up. I was half way through my sarnie, and he's asking me opinions and questions, literally my face is full and he's staring at me waiting for my answer. Calmly and patiently I chew and swallow, look him dead in the eye and tell him '**** off I'm eating' 😂

He wasn't even offended, he just turned to someone else and carried on with them 😵

22 hours ago, DUNKS said:

We have a woman who lives in a house at the bottom of our garden. Now the nice weather is here she and friends are out inn their garden. Just sitting AND SHE TALKS, I mean talks. I have been spending time in my little workshop at the bottom of my garden so I can hear her. Cant quite hear what she is saying but I can hear the drone of her voice. Got up yesterday 7.30 straight to my workshop to check on a bit of gluing I did the day before. She is in full swing. Long story short she was still at it 9.30 last  night. She never stops to draw  breath! Today again she's in full swing, Really should be nominated. How does she do it? What is it she's talking about. I do occasionally hear another voice but not for long. Thinking of taking round some throat lozenges.

to be honest there are some posts on Pigeonwatch like that..............they are that bloody long ....you lose the will to live by the 3rd paragraph........(thats if you are lucky enuff to be reading something with para's in the bloody diatribe)

Edited by ditchman

33 minutes ago, DUNKS said:

Sorry I upset you so much. It was not my aim. I will not post again.

Noooooooooooooo.........im not talking about you....your post is a nice lenghth and readable............im talking about "other" posts that are a good ...and i mean a good 2 bloody pages long............usually some..."EXPERT"....getting out of his pram about something.....

20 minutes ago, ditchman said:

Noooooooooooooo.........im not talking about you....your post is a nice lenghth and readable............im talking about "other" posts that are a good ...and i mean a good 2 bloody pages long............usually some..."EXPERT"....getting out of his pram about something.....

There are more ‘experts ‘ on this forum than I have ever encountered in my life. What is even more amazing is that some of them have expertise in several subjects.

5 minutes ago, JDog said:

There are more ‘experts ‘ on this forum than I have ever encountered in my life. What is even more amazing is that some of them have expertise in several subjects.

definition of an EXPERT

"An EX is someone who thinks he used to be good at something and a SPERT is a drip under pressure"

On 03/06/2021 at 15:42, JohnfromUK said:

In the early days of mobile phones when they were more the preserve of business (and both phones and calls were not cheap) - I got into the train at Paddington to travel back across the Cotswolds via Oxford after a day working in London.  A lady sat down opposite me and got out her phone - and was loudly on the phone almost to Oxford - when the phone battery expired.  I thought I was then in for some peace - but no - she rummaged in her bag and got out a new battery (phones then had interchgangeable batteries)  ........ and on went with more calls.  Fortunately, as you get west of Oxford, the signal gets poor ........ and she gave up after a great many loud "Hello, Hello - you still there" type exclamations.

Had it been a high powered business conversation, I might have been less annoyed - but it was trivia, chat, and latest bargains in Tesco's etc.

We had a Chinese woman non stop in Cantonese on a bus trip from Stansted to Sheffield I wanted to strangle her at the end.

6 minutes ago, bavarianbrit said:

We had a Chinese woman non stop in Cantonese on a bus trip from Stansted to Sheffield I wanted to strangle her at the end.

christ ...that would do my head in.............

my mrs before she went all demented....we was on a trip to my office in London...and some bloke was yabbering on and on an on an on....about utter squit on his mobile.. i.rekon my mrs had a tampon in ...cause she leaned over the table snatched the phone off him and chucked it out of the ventelation window.....................he sat there opened mouthed...and was about to say something....and i said to him very politly........."just put it down to experience....you really dont want to go down that road with her when she is like that...".................come Liverpool street he couldnt get off the train quick enough..:lol:

On 03/06/2021 at 12:49, DUNKS said:

It'll be one of those talking book things. Keeps mine quite for hours. 👍