Sprocker eye gunk

Agriv8

So my sprocker has had crusty eyes for last few days which  I had put down to hot weather and a lot of pollen. But now wandering if she has picked up some conjunctivitis?

There is no redness around the eyeball. But this his her eyes first thing in the morning and similar build up throughout the day.

What do you guys suggest please ? I have been applying cooled boiled water but it does not seem to be making much difference 

thanks in advance Agriv8 

983E7FB2-1749-4DC6-BE76-6B596C32264B.jpeg

Apply a cooled wet tea bag 3-4 times a day till it clears. (No milk or sugar) If its not cleared within 3 days or starts to get worse take her to the vet. This does work really well for most minor eye infections in the early stages.

11 minutes ago, Agriv8 said:

So my sprocker has had crusty eyes for last few days which  I had put down to hot weather and a lot of pollen. But now wandering if she has picked up some conjunctivitis?

There is no redness around the eyeball. But this his her eyes first thing in the morning and similar build up throughout the day.

What do you guys suggest please ? I have been applying cooled boiled water but it does not seem to be making much difference 

thanks in advance Agriv8 

983E7FB2-1749-4DC6-BE76-6B596C32264B.jpeg

Boiled water then add a good dose of salt then cool and wash out, most infections cant exist in an environment with a high salinity, wash it twice a day for 2 or 3 days and if it doesn’t clear up go to the vet.

Doesn’t hurt, just matches tears, nice gentle clean out 👍

Edited by Goldfish

53 minutes ago, Scully said:

My lab’ is like that every morning. Sometimes it occurs through the day, some times not. I just wipe it away. 
Conjunctivitus is much much worse than that shown in your photo’. 

Snap! Exactly the same with my lab’, first job every morning. My fourteenth lab’. None of the others did it.

Thanks as always at no time has her eye lids been stuck together or seeming to be causing her discomfort so plan is to wipe out with tea bag ( my grandad swore by this for his spaniel ) and monitor any sign of redness or getting worse I will call in free online vet consultation from dog insurance policy.

Agriv8