Small van recommendations.

holloway

Just thought I would see if anyone had views good or bad on the subject ,I have run my vwcaddy almost into the ground and am wondering what alternatives anyone could recommend.?any views on the Peugeot partner ? Ford courier and such like ,the Caddy has been great but the price of even fairly high mileage replacement has opened my mind to an alternative.

Also what would you prefer a younger vehicle with higher mileage or an older vehicle with low mileage?

Any views appreciated.

I was going to say a caddy. I have one for work (not my own) and it gets ragged. It has held up well to the abuse I throw at it. I think any of the small french vans tent to be good and in terms of millage vs age I would go with less miles 

Berlingo (B9 version) is what I run in car version. It is a brilliant vehicle, and has been without fault.

The caddy is a nicer ĺooking vehicle, but I don't see it does anything the berlingo can't, without the VW badge premium.

Caddy also seem to be very 'on trend' for the younger generation looking for a camper/surfer vehicle without going to T5 size ( round these parts anyway) so expect a further price premium.

1 hour ago, bruno22rf said:

Dog walking friend of mine has had a Transit Connect since Feb, broken down 5 times so far and found out today that it's back at the garage again.

I had a Transit Connect and, without any doubt whatsoever, it was the worst vehicle I've ever owned. In every respect...

I wouldn't worry about mileage on a caddy provided there is a good service history.

Our Daughter works for a major VW / Audi dealer and they have one on their books with 576k miles on the clock - and it's still going strong.

Edited by Eyefor

31 minutes ago, holloway said:

seems fine engine wise but must have spent £1000 at least on other bits .when you lose confidence in your reliability it's hard to get it back ,

People need to realise that you can’t run a reliable vehicle for years without spending money. Mechanical bits wear out, and vehicles are full of them.

1 hour ago, London Best said:

People need to realise that you can’t run a reliable vehicle for years without spending money. Mechanical bits wear out, and vehicles are full of them.

Good point to be fair ,up to 150,000 hardly spent anything ,another option maybe spend a bit more and just keep going with it .