Plant ID

Old Boggy

I have attached a photo of a plant that my daughter has in her garden which flowers every year and which I wish to buy next time out at the garden centre. 

The first person to identify this correctly will get one of my remaining antler bottle openers (whether they want one or not !)

I`m on a bit of a sticky wicket here as I don`t know myself (although I have a vague idea) and she has lost the label, but I do know what the flowers look like (no photos unfortunately) so any suggestions have got to be correct. I will expect any reply from JDog to have the Latin name and all its common names !

OB

IMG_1306.JPG

18 hours ago, JTaylor91 said:

Eranthemum?

That generally has blue leaves so not that I’m afraid.

16 hours ago, stumpy69 said:

The picture this app on my phone is suggesting this is a Peruvian lily but this could be completely wrong! 

You’re spot on with that Stumpy69. Thanks for identifying it for me. PM me your address and I’ll send you a bottle opener.

I take it that your username is a reference to your date of birth and not some sexual innuendo 😂.

OB

2 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

That generally has blue leaves so not that I’m afraid.

You’re spot on with that Stumpy69. Thanks for identifying it for me. PM me your address and I’ll send you a bottle opener.

I take it that your username is a reference to your date of birth and not some sexual innuendo 😂.

OB

Damn, I was hoping to win that bottle opener 😂. Congrats Stumpy 👍🏻

54 minutes ago, JTaylor91 said:

Damn, I was hoping to win that bottle opener 😂. Congrats Stumpy 👍🏻

Morning,

Let me have your address and I’ll send you one as runner up or a ‘not so close’ second 😂

Regards

Chris

9 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

Still waiting for a PM from Stumpy69 with his address so that I can send him his bottle opener. PM sent yesterday.

OB

My apologies to Stump69. I thought that I’d sent him a PM but as I didn’t fill in the ‘subject required’ bit, the PM didn’t go. It has now been sent.

1 hour ago, Old farrier said:

You’re opening too many bottles 🤔

please try harder 😂😂😂

Yes, you’re probably right OF but funnily enough I don’t have much use for the bottle openers as I don’t drink bottled beer at home, or anywhere come to that and the bottles I normally open sometimes have a cork or more usually screw tops with red liquid inside 🍷

However, as can be seen, my occasional brush with technology of any sort can prove positively dangerous 😂

OB

1 hour ago, Old farrier said:

You’re opening too many bottles 🤔

please try harder 😂😂😂

4 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

My apologies to Stump69. I thought that I’d sent him a PM but as I didn’t fill in the ‘subject required’ bit, the PM didn’t go. It has now been sent.

PM replied. Cheers, I may have to start buying beer in bottles again to give the opener a good use. I have been buying mostly cans recently as my local council don't accept glass in our recycling bin! 

On 07/06/2021 at 12:43, stumpy69 said:

The picture this app on my phone is suggesting this is a Peruvian lily but this could be completely wrong! 

I’ve just downloaded a free app called ‘PlantNet’ which identifies plants pretty accurately and is brilliant, so thanks Stumpy69 for the idea. Just waiting now for a plant ID to be posted so I can try it and use my ‘immeasurable knowledge’ of British flora to impress the PW massive. Eat your heart out JDog 🤣

OB