Three calls to mobile this weekend , two from mobiles and one from landline telling me that various sums twice £399 and once £999 was being deducted from my account and please press 1 to halt this.  I did not press 1 and first call I checked with my bank and all was in order. Should I have pressed 1 what would  have been the outcome.

Blackpowder

Three calls to mobile this weekend , two from mobiles and one from landline telling me that various sums twice £399 and once £999 was being deducted from my account and please press 1 to halt this.  I did not press 1 and first call I checked with my bank and all was in order. Should I have pressed 1 what would  have been the outcome.

Blackpowder

Mine's been the crime investigation dept, and some other police department can't tell you which one as I hung up but both this morning. As I run a business I tend to answer mobile numbers as could be new customers. They are using mob numbers now rather than Manchester/ Liverpool/Bradford numbers for that very reason I reckon.

39 minutes ago, Blackpowder said:

Blackpowder

I have been getting this  call  every  day except Saturday and Sunday  for nearly a month  some times twice a day , I put the phone down  straight away

Feltwad

We got a call on our landline this morning purporting to be from BT.  Rang to tell us that as our phone bill was in huge arears unless I pressed button ? immediatley our phone and our internet access would be disconnected immediately. I burst out laughing at the rather plummy sounding female who was on the call.  I did not tell her we had not been with them for over 5 years now.  She hung up when I laughed.:good: