Staggered!

Scully

7 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

I'm all for being given a second chance in life , but some things are just unforgivable.  A monster like that should never see the light of day ever again.

A truly remorseful man wouldnt WANT to come out and have a second chance ?

9 hours ago, clangerman said:

you would be staggered at the amount of people who have one of these scumbags living next door the country is awash with the monsters 

With the great possibility that the offenders are given total anonymity to put the population in general at great risk?

Absolutely nuts, who designed that system?

1 hour ago, Yellow Bear said:

Those that currently describe themselves as "Woke" I suspect.

Agreed, I have had many a debate on this subject with Henry D. 

I've got to be honest I really can't follow their logic, not knocking that they think differently to me, but I just don't get it. 

I can tell you something, he will have had a much, much  better life on the inside than he will ever get on the outside. Inside it was all done for him, from the time he woke to the time he went to bed,  not a bad life in reality.

Outside there will be fear and insecurity. He will have to start doing everything for himself, washing his own clothes, buying and cooking his own food, paying his own bills etc. Plus dodging the press and people that want to kill him or castrate him with a rusty knife.

When I get older and feel I need care to get by I'm not going into some £1500 a week care home to fritter away my children's inheritance.

I'm going to set fire to some disused building ( having first checked no tramp is kipping in there) then confess to arson and get a ten year sentence in a holiday camp sorry prison where every thing is done for me. FOR FREE

If he wants to get out he is mad. far better off inside

Edited by Vince Green

On 14/07/2021 at 15:08, mel b3 said:

I'm all for being given a second chance in life , but some things are just unforgivable.  A monster like that should never see the light of day ever again.

Agreed. And there are some crimes where the public need to be protected forever - a quick read into what he was caught and convicted for (and who knows what else he got up to applying ‘the rule of Tom Daley’) tells us all loud and clear he shouldn’t be let out. 

On the subject of contrition and redemption, I think John Profumo is up there:

1. Dedicated his life to charitable work

2. never did an interview or a cash in book 

The rule of Tom Daley was explained to me by a tax investigator - when they find advanced or wholesale tax fraud / evasion they always ask ‘how long have you been doing this?’ and everyone always says ‘since only recently / last month / last week’ but of course, if you want to be an Olympic diver you start in the shallow end, then off the side in the deep end and then the 1 meter board and so on until you have enough confidence and experience to hit the 10m board. No one rocks up on day one and dives off the 10m board.

On 07/06/2021 at 14:08, Scully said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news

I can’t express how angry this makes me. A double child murderer released. 
The parole board which have decided he should be released has stated that public safety is our first priority!! How can it be? My loathing for these people is immeasurable. 

Parole board not fit for purpose.