Made me smile.

Scully

7 hours ago, London Best said:

I read many ‘personalised plates’ and often cannot work out what the owner thinks it says.

It says ‘Look at me folks, I’m a complete p-r-a-t for spending good money out on a ‘personalised’ plate to make me look somehow special’

As LB says, often the numbers/letters are so contrived, it’s difficult to make any sense of them.

You can probably tell that I’m not a fan !

OB

Edited by Old Boggy

13 hours ago, Walker570 said:

I normally consider these personalised plates as about as common as you can get , but that one is really appropriate.

That’s what I thought. When I see a personalised plate - and I agree with others, that some take some working out in their desperation to own one- I usually think ‘knob’, but thought this one was quite amusing. 

2 hours ago, Centrepin said:

I have a private plate, came with the car. I keep getting asked what it means but I haven't the faintest idea. 

I'm not even clever enough to make something up to fit either.

Ditto. My old LR had what everyone assumed was a personal plate, but it was merely the original which came with the vehicle. 
People often asked me what it stood for. 

I have to admit to having a personal plate   It cost me the grand sum of £5, and I've had it for 45 years now.  Biggest mistake was turning down a good offer for it!

Used to have my dog's personal plate on my previous LandRover "LAB xyz".  Came with the LandRover - and went with it when it went.

As a young lad my Dad owned a Hillman Minx. It had the registration plate PRM 1, and eventually a bloke called at our house having seen it parked outside. He owned a Morris 1100 with the registration plate PRM 1G, if I recall. 
My cousin in Manchester phones up my Dad to tell him not to sell it, but unfortunately too late, and my Dad let it go for the princely sum of about 80 quid, which was still a few weeks wages for my Dad back then. 
I have no idea how much it would be worth now. 

I do have a strange coincidence in connection with my personal plate;  My number is of the form ABC 12 - where ABC is 3 letters and 12 is two numbers.

When I first had it, I used to park regularly in a car park in Edgbaston, Birmingham - and a car with the plate ABC 12 N (i.e exactly same letters and numbers - with an N suffix (1975)) used the same car park daily.  Mine was a blue mini then, and the N suffix was a new brown Triumph Stag.

Wind forward 40 years to about 2015.  Walking near my home and there drove past - a brown Triumph Stag ....... number ABC 12 N.  Must have been the same car, now someone's pride and joy 40 year old classic car!

Edited by JohnfromUK

• 2 weeks later...

When we spent time in Texas back in the late 80s and early 90s, we noted that there where quite a few personalised plates and speaking with our ranch owner discovered you could buy a plate with anything on it with the bounds of the regulations if it had not already been taken for $25 from the registration authority. Seemed a sensible way to go.

On 08/06/2021 at 15:49, Scully said:

As a young lad my Dad owned a Hillman Minx. It had the registration plate PRM 1, and eventually a bloke called at our house having seen it parked outside. He owned a Morris 1100 with the registration plate PRM 1G, if I recall. 
My cousin in Manchester phones up my Dad to tell him not to sell it, but unfortunately too late, and my Dad let it go for the princely sum of about 80 quid, which was still a few weeks wages for my Dad back then. 
I have no idea how much it would be worth now. 

Prm1 is On a BMW X1 

11 hours ago, hodge911 said:

GO08BYE

FERRARI 812 SUPERFAST S-A

ColourBlack

Fuel typePetrol

Date registered1 March 2019

Lol and funny thing is it's shown as uninsured 

😀 I doubt I could afford to insure it either! 

9 hours ago, Revo said:

Prm1 is On a BMW X1 

👍