New member from Ireland

esetter

9 hours ago, esetter said:

Mid west...Limerick

Sadly a part of the country i havent visited yet, supposed to be some fantastic fishing down there. More often heading Waterford direction to the sister in laws place....forever being chased for not paying my M50 toll 🤣

1 minute ago, Rob85 said:

Sadly a part of the country i havent visited yet, supposed to be some fantastic fishing down there. More often heading Waterford direction to the sister in laws place....forever being chased for not paying my M50 toll 🤣

Great fishing down this way alright..i only do a small bit of fishing  but lovely rivers here for trout/salmon/white trout(sea trout)

1 minute ago, esetter said:

Great fishing down this way alright..i only do a small bit of fishing  but lovely rivers here for trout/salmon/white trout(sea trout)

Exactly what's missing in a lot of our rivers in northern ireland. Just wish idiots would stop polluting the damn rivers, rarely accidents, usually some pillock dumping excess slurry.

Even the course fishing near me has suffered on the Quoile basin around downpatrick as the government departments can't agree who should fix the fish pass at strangford Lough, so the seals swim upriver and eat everything in sight.

In fairness the pollution has eased down here in the last few years. It was very bad years ago especially slurry and silage effluent. Farmers here seem to have accepted that polluting a river now is a crime and shame and punishment will follow. Most farmers have proper storage facilities now anyway. The biggest problem down here is hedge removal and scrub clearance. Bad news for the shooting man.

• 2 weeks later...