Deafness

5 hours ago, Bobba said:

My left ear is the most damaged. In the early sixties I set out to be a rock and roll legend (without success). Behind me on stage were my two 30 watt amps and to my immediate left a PA column of 4 x 12” speakers blaring at some 75 Watts into my left ear. Add to this a bass amp, Hammond organ and a crash and bash drummer then the three nights a week over 6 years took their toll. Hence my left ear damage. Firing shotguns since has added to the problem and the audiologist confirmed that RH shooters suffer predominantly in their left ear.

I have a NHS hearing aid in each ear. They’re pretty good except the sound has a distinct echo to it. I’m told you can get hearing aids with mini speaker type ear pieces but they’re expensive (£1,000+ an earpiece). Does anyone have any experience of this type of kit?

Think rock bands of the 70' s could have left an hearing legacy on plenty of folk 😁😁

Remember seeing Deep Purple in their pomp at Leeds Town Hall. You could feel the sounding hitting you. You were young and you thought it was fantastic at the time, but the level of decibels they generated must have been off the scale

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic