Rats on auto feeder

4 minutes ago, Saltings said:

you can mix   flour / sugar / bicarb of soda    in equal parts   keep it dry in little ziplock bags  nailed to a post so they tare open    and let them have it  does not kill anything else only rats and mice  

Does that work? Sounds ideal if it does 👍

4 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

Does that work? Sounds ideal if it does 👍

yes  within a couple of hours dead   rats and mice dont have the ability to burp or ****  so safe around other animals  if they get some on fur and preen job done 

or boil up rubarb leaves and the pink bit at the bottom and steep some corn in the juice  do not use that pot for anything else  or throw away after 

Edited by Saltings

I can't help but be sceptical of this-if this really works why do people buy rat and mouse poison? I know what does work as mouse bait though- ritz crackers with the fake cheese filling. I put a humane trap down and it was 20 minutes later the trap had a mouse in it, he was busily licking the cheese filling and then his paws!

On 09/06/2021 at 23:14, Saltings said:

you can mix   flour / sugar / bicarb of soda    in equal parts   keep it dry in little ziplock bags  nailed to a post so they tare open    and let them have it  does not kill anything else only rats and mice  

Hello, I have made some of this up and will try out tomorrow, I have tried to make a solid version with affecting the Bi Carb, 

4 hours ago, stu64 said:

I can't help but be sceptical of this-if this really works why do people buy rat and mouse poison? I know what does work as mouse bait though- ritz crackers with the fake cheese filling. I put a humane trap down and it was 20 minutes later the trap had a mouse in it, he was busily licking the cheese filling and then his paws!

Hello, if you search on the net there is more info ? 

On 10/06/2021 at 07:38, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I am going to try this, also if you want to make a solid version a bit of plaster of Paris, it's the bicarb that effects the rats

Hello, after making some up like a pancake mix using milk so it has not effected the Bi Carb I poured into an ice cube tray and put in freezer box, if it don't kill em they will have a nice lolly 🙄😁 still have most of the powder mix to try as well, give it a go tomorrow, 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

i have only used   normal flour / brown or white      bicarb of soda is bitter hence sugar to sweeten up     put some in a live catch trap  at about 7am   caught   about two hrs later dead   it works     other animals and chucks  are safe        i live outskirts of cov    takeaways  macy d    burger k    kffc   inc  neighbours  bird tables etc        a neighbour opposite  and i use said concoction and it works    and fast       shop bought  they have to eat for about a week  and get immune       the concoction once    job done    had a problem    not ant more   

Edited by Saltings

• 2 weeks later...

Bicarb mixed in to any left over fishing ground bait also works. Or in just bit of brown or white crumb Squirt of fish/ hemp oil, molasses or bit of additive masks bicarb the same and attracts them to it. Any non maze based livestock meal to. Still keep it covered and inacessable to any other critters pets and livestock.  Ants don't like bicarb either.   NB

• 1 month later...
On 12/06/2021 at 17:23, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, after making some up like a pancake mix using milk so it has not effected the Bi Carb I poured into an ice cube tray and put in freezer box, if it don't kill em they will have a nice lolly 🙄😁 still have most of the powder mix to try as well, give it a go tomorrow, 

Did it work?