Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Think we are getting a load of rats on our auto feeder as it is sat on a little island, any ideas on the best way to get rid of them?

Posion, traps, or shooting? 

 

Considering moving the feeder into the water only. 

 

Thanks 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, scarecrow243 said:

shoot them they will swim too the feeder if its floating on the water

 

Cheers, will get out with the rifle then :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 you can mix   flour / sugar / bicarb of soda    in equal parts   keep it dry in little ziplock bags  nailed to a post so they tare open    and let them have it  does not kill anything else only rats and mice  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Saltings said:

 you can mix   flour / sugar / bicarb of soda    in equal parts   keep it dry in little ziplock bags  nailed to a post so they tare open    and let them have it  does not kill anything else only rats and mice  

Does that work? Sounds ideal if it does 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

Does that work? Sounds ideal if it does 👍

yes  within a couple of hours dead   rats and mice dont have the ability to burp or ****  so safe around other animals  if they get some on fur and preen job done 

or boil up rubarb leaves and the pink bit at the bottom and steep some corn in the juice  do not use that pot for anything else  or throw away after 

Edited by Saltings
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Whole grain I would think.  Sounds a good idea, new one to me.

Hello, I am going to try this, also if you want to make a solid version a bit of plaster of Paris, it's the bicarb that effects the rats

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't help but be sceptical of this-if this really works why do people buy rat and mouse poison? I know what does work as mouse bait though- ritz crackers with the fake cheese filling. I put a humane trap down and it was 20 minutes later the trap had a mouse in it, he was busily licking the cheese filling and then his paws!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/06/2021 at 23:14, Saltings said:

 you can mix   flour / sugar / bicarb of soda    in equal parts   keep it dry in little ziplock bags  nailed to a post so they tare open    and let them have it  does not kill anything else only rats and mice  

Hello, I have made some of this up and will try out tomorrow, I have tried to make a solid version with affecting the Bi Carb, 

4 hours ago, stu64 said:

I can't help but be sceptical of this-if this really works why do people buy rat and mouse poison? I know what does work as mouse bait though- ritz crackers with the fake cheese filling. I put a humane trap down and it was 20 minutes later the trap had a mouse in it, he was busily licking the cheese filling and then his paws!

Hello, if you search on the net there is more info ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/06/2021 at 07:38, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I am going to try this, also if you want to make a solid version a bit of plaster of Paris, it's the bicarb that effects the rats

Hello, after making some up like a pancake mix using milk so it has not effected the Bi Carb I poured into an ice cube tray and put in freezer box, if it don't kill em they will have a nice lolly 🙄😁 still have most of the powder mix to try as well, give it a go tomorrow, 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper
Link to post
Share on other sites

i have only used   normal flour / brown or white      bicarb of soda is bitter hence sugar to sweeten up     put some in a live catch trap  at about 7am   caught   about two hrs later dead   it works     other animals and chucks  are safe        i live outskirts of cov    takeaways  macy d    burger k    kffc   inc  neighbours  bird tables etc        a neighbour opposite  and i use said concoction and it works    and fast       shop bought  they have to eat for about a week  and get immune       the concoction once    job done    had a problem    not ant more   

Edited by Saltings
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...