Humane dispatcher advice

Si-Bore

8 minutes ago, Si-Bore said:

I contacted them via email. They were very helpful and quick to respond. It’s basically been out of production since the 60’s 😂

I guess Beamish museum would be the next place. 

or the film set for "no country for old men"..............................christ that was a brutal film:w00t:......thats the last time i will nick drug money..

that bolt gun should come with a long solid spring that you push into the hole made by the bolt ..then the spring is pushed all the way down the inside of the spinal cord ..which mashes it up and makes the carcass twitch on the way down.....

Edited by ditchman

10 minutes ago, ditchman said:

or the film set for "no country for old men"..............................christ that was a brutal film:w00t:......thats the last time i will nick drug money..

that bolt gun should come with a long solid spring that you push into the hole made by the bolt ..then the spring is pushed all the way down the inside of the spinal cord ..which mashes it up and makes the carcass twitch on the way down.....

You get plastic ones now that have a little sponge on the end to seal up the hole

2 minutes ago, ditchman said:

oooh thats far more humane:good:

Not mean to use the reusable spring ones because of cross contamination!  I didn't get an answer when i asked how many animals had gotten ill after a contaminated rod was used.

8 minutes ago, bluesj said:

Not mean to use the reusable spring ones because of cross contamination!  I didn't get an answer when i asked how many animals had gotten ill after a contaminated rod was used.

I don’t get your post.

If the animals are killed by the bolt how can they be contaminated and become ill by a previously used one?

1 minute ago, JDog said:

I don’t get your post.

If the animals are killed by the bolt how can they be contaminated and become ill by a previously used one?

Exactly!

Although there was a good reason for not using the  reusable ones at the time it was stopped, it was so that brain stem samples were not contaminated between a cow with bse and one that didn't have it.

4 minutes ago, bluesj said:

Exactly!

Although there was a good reason for not using the  reusable ones at the time it was stopped, it was so that brain stem samples were not contaminated between a cow with bse and one that didn't have it.

I see now thank you.

4 hours ago, JDog said:

I see now thank you.

the EU and BSE really spoilt it for me...couldnt buy chops with kidney in it anymore and you couldnt pick out the spinal chord from a chop cause it had gone....that was the tasty treet.....

• 6 months later...