Jump to content

Horse Box Trailer Project


Recommended Posts

Morning all, 

I'm on the hunt for a horse box trailer project, as close to Wiltshire as possible

Long story short........

Wife was extremely ill (We nearly lost her twice due to the Big C) , now better, had to go back to work as a Supermarket worker but dreams of running a pop up coffee stall. 

I'm currently based 300 miles away for the next 2 years and home on weekends and want to restore a horse box trailer (Preferably wooden panels) so when i am living back at home I can surprise her and she can leave the supermarket and follow her dreams.

I need something as cheap as poss so she doesn't see the bank statements!

If anyone sees anything on their travels, or if you've got anything kicking about in a yard could you please bear me in mind? 

Thanks, 

Dave

Edited by Miroku_Dave
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Miroku_Dave changed the title to Horse Box Trailer Project

Good luck, that sort of thing has vastly increased in price due to demand.

 

Even knackered old ones are fetching silly money and lead to so much work. You may be better off getting a good solid Ifor Williams trailer as a base and custom build the rest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Good luck, that sort of thing has vastly increased in price due to demand.

 

Even knackered old ones are fetching silly money and lead to so much work. You may be better off getting a good solid Ifor Williams trailer as a base and custom build the rest.

I know what you mean mate, the older Rice ones seem to go for more than the newer Ifors! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rice are heavy as anything 

ifor williams are lightweight and you maybe get a older one with a composite floor be aware of this horses have been known to fall through them though if you’re going to convert it this could be in your favour 

steer clear of the eqitreck every client that’s had one has had major issues 

all the best 

of

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Rice are heavy as anything 

ifor williams are lightweight and you maybe get a older one with a composite floor be aware of this horses have been known to fall through them though if you’re going to convert it this could be in your favour 

steer clear of the eqitreck every client that’s had one has had major issues 

all the best 

of

Cheers mate, thats good info to have 🙂 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, i own the Kent coffee company limited, we supply machines, grinders etc, install and set up coffee mobile units, pm me if we can be of any help or give advice. 

Thanks 

Mark 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Dave,

My wife is selling her Fautras Pro van Club so I read her your post. It’s absolutely bomb proof but we are in East Yorkshire so too far away for you. She did however say that if you are travelling around, you should look for a trailer in a less affluent (she’s from Oxfordshire!!) part of the country or look for an auction mart that specialises in farm machinery. 


Good luck with your quest.

GG

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, soulboy1957 said:

Hi, i own the Kent coffee company limited, we supply machines, grinders etc, install and set up coffee mobile units, pm me if we can be of any help or give advice. 

Thanks 

Mark 

Cheers Mark, will do mate

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

look at the auction house (agric sale every thurs i think) Cheffins....Cambridge......

love to see a thread on this...........bet she would be made up

I'll take a look mate, i never thought about Auctions!

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...