Think I found a replacement for my LandRover

NoBodyImportant

I posted photos of my landrover before.   I love the looks of it.  But the reliability was awful.  I barely got to drive it because I was always waiting on parts to come in the mail.  Well Ford has released the new full size bronco as well as the smaller bronco sport.  They have the classic looks that I miss since selling the rover.   The full size looks like the defender and the smaller sport looks like the discovery or at least in my opinion.  I stopped by a dealership but because of Covid related manufacturing delays there is a 6 month waiting list.  I’m not in a hurry so they took my name and number and put me on the list.  I’m looking at the full-size defender looking one.  

53D64ED7-9203-4E66-AF56-2E3A0C4D83C9.jpeg

F2DE0110-54A3-487D-AB8A-71F473216BBE.webp

E3AACCEF-D4DA-445E-ADF3-D3D6E7D29BC6.jpeg

They said the base will start at $27,000 USD  but the base has 4x4, power windows/ac 

1 minute ago, ditchman said:

defo the smaller one like the old disco................i bet they are more reliable...

2 minutes ago, ditchman said:

defo the smaller one like the old disco................i bet they are more reliable...

The full size has the 2.7 eco boost from the f150.  It well know for being a reliable engine

21 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

They said the base will start at $27,000 USD  but the base has 4x4, power windows/ac 

The full size has the 2.7 eco boost from the f150.  It well know for being a reliable engine

cheaper that £41,000 quid...........

Looks good, certainly better than those squashed back monstrosities they offer🤷‍♂️

I've always liked the Bronco but living this side of the water I think it would present the same problems as you having a LR.

I had an American version of the Ford Maverick, 3.0 V6, auto column change. Full loaded. Terrific car but at 8 - 10 mpg and even Ford not being able to get parts is was a nightmare.  It wasn't popular in the UK so Ford withdrew it and relaunched it as a kuga some years later. Smaller car, smaller engine, cheaper,  ok...

Yup, if I lived in the USA I think I'd have at least one Bronco. 

8 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

I posted photos of my landrover before.   I love the looks of it.  But the reliability was awful.  I barely got to drive it because I was always waiting on parts to come in the mail.  

F2DE0110-54A3-487D-AB8A-71F473216BBE.webp 187.18 kB · 0 downloads

You are perhaps forgetting that your (ex) Land Rover was a model that they stopped making forty years ago and could have been fifty years old. In a case like that, after fifty years likely abuse,  you cannot get reliability by fitting the occasional new part. What was needed for reliability was a ground up rebuild with all new genuine parts.

10 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Youll be telling me next none of them leaked oil all over your drive 😄

Too right!   Not one. First sign of any leaks got a new seal fitted before any drips could start.

2 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

None of mine leak, but occasionally mark their territory.

And the only unreliable ones are red. 

I did run a red 110CSW turbo diesel for 175,000 miles and over nine years, but it always felt as if I was driving a fire engine. Shan’t have another red one.

44 minutes ago, London Best said:

Too right!   Not one. First sign of any leaks got a new seal fitted before any drips could start.

I did run a red 110CSW turbo diesel for 175,000 miles and over nine years, but it always felt as if I was driving a fire engine. Shan’t have another red one.

My 110CWS was at 300,000 when I sold it.

41 minutes ago, bluesj said:

My 110CWS was at 300,000 when I sold it.

I am sure that is not uncommon. I do know a man who did 480,000 in a Td5 Disco 2. And a man who was running a late Series one, bought new by his father, which was on, from memory, 730,000 on the original, rebored engine.

On 11/06/2021 at 11:39, London Best said:

You are perhaps forgetting that your (ex) Land Rover was a model that they stopped making forty years ago and could have been fifty years old. In a case like that, after fifty years likely abuse,  you cannot get reliability by fitting the occasional new part. What was needed for reliability was a ground up rebuild with all new genuine parts.

Absolutely, but over here almost everything has to come from over seas.  Except we do have companies that sell China made LandRover parts. I sold it to a guy on the west coast.  We are friends on Facebook so I see his LandRovers broke post monthly.  I hated to see it go but I just couldn’t keep it driving.  I swapped it for 4.2 Perkins diesel but keeping up with everything else was stressing me out.  

On 11/06/2021 at 12:09, Rewulf said:

Youll be telling me next none of them leaked oil all over your drive 😄

Lol,  I had all new seals in mine and I wasn’t allowed to park in my parents driveway.  

Honestly the the defender110 was the best looking off-roader ever made.  I just don’t care for the looks of the new ones or the $70,000 starting price.  I like the squared of blocky looking vehicles.  We were considering a Jeep Wrangle but that eco boast in those Broncos are rock solid.  If I could get a Suzuki Jimny over here I’d get one of those.  

37 minutes ago, shootgun said:

I think Toyota is the way to go from now on, as from June 1st they coming with 10 years warranty, transferable to the new owner as well if you decide to sell...

5A65B23A-AF67-4654-923C-FFB862E43301.jpeg.babffea5298527c339cc7f172a1d4fad.jpeg54AE62BD-DAAA-4F8F-8AF4-536130D315B5.jpeg.e77b74cf8adaf86c57c2724cc59a98f1.jpeg

Toyota warranties are gimmicks.  You don’t need a warranty with Toyotas.  I love my Toyota tacoma 4x4.  But they just don’t have the look that I like.  

2 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Honestly the the defender110 was the best looking off-roader ever made.  I just don’t care for the looks of the new ones or the $70,000 starting price.  I like the squared of blocky looking vehicles.  We were considering a Jeep Wrangle but that eco boast in those Broncos are rock solid.  If I could get a Suzuki Jimny over here I’d get one of those.  

EB90EF7F-7C5A-4145-A128-A2E377BA3A0E.jpeg.dc3f021e713139c3ec240905672a434e.jpegHowzat?