Jump to content

Think I found a replacement for my LandRover


Recommended Posts

Not cheap here either, and rising rapidly.

That is my third 110 Station Wagon. Had it seven years now. 2009 vehicle.

edit: forgot to add, that is my daily drive, I do not have a car. Wife has a Discovery Sport.

Edited by London Best
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, shootgun said:

I think Toyota is the way to go from now on, as from June 1st they coming with 10 years warranty, transferable to the new owner as well if you decide to sell...

Must as I love me landies I've got to admit Toyota seem to be making some fine vehicles and have most boxes ticked......................they're just not LandysūüėĀ

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

Must as I love me landies I've got to admit Toyota seem to be making some fine vehicles and have most boxes ticked......................they're just not LandysūüėĀ

I would certainly consider an FJ40 or FJ70 but Hilux does nothing for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, London Best said:

I would certainly consider an FJ40 or FJ70 but Hilux does nothing for me.

I came across an old FJ40 long wheelbase in beautiful unrestored condition in Lanzarote about 20 years ago. Cracking motors.

I also had for a short period of time a Nissan Patrol, swb. No interior to speak of it was lost in a fire before i bought it. The Mrs bought me two bucket seats and I improvised the rest. 3 litre straight 6 petrol. Another cracking motor, bit like a 90 before 90s were 90s. Just too expensive on parts.

I always seen to return to Landies though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, London Best said:

I used an old Patrol a little in Africa. Bloody tough motor, but harsh leaf springs off road (the only place I drove it!). It struck me as being more original Range Rover size than a 90?

Quite possibly and yes it had  tough leaf sprung suspension. Power steering helped plus it was a novelty then and a heater that worked but having to reverse a half metre to disengage 4wd used to annoy me and also any Landies that had pulled up close behind me. The mirrors where almost identical to discos. Hardly ever went wrong but when it did it cost its entire worth each time to repair. The view from the drivers seat was very landy like and I always thought it was the closest non landy to a landy I could get.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well North Carolina just dropped the helmet clause to ride UTVs on the road starting October 1st! All you have to do is add a windshield and wiper.  I might get a Honda Talon instead.  Looks like it will run about 21-26k.  It would be a fun around town cruiser.  I never considered it because helmets suck but now that I don’t have to wear it it would be fun.  6000000028.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Well North Carolina just dropped the helmet clause to ride UTVs on the road starting October 1st! All you have to do is add a windshield and wiper.  I might get a Honda Talon instead.  Looks like it will run about 21-26k.  It would be a fun around town cruiser.  I never considered it because helmets suck but now that I don’t have to wear it it would be fun.  6000000028.jpg

10 years ago I'd have jumped at the chance of owning that. These days I need something a little warmer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have run a 90 for the last 14yrs and apart from normal wear and tear (mine spends 50/50 on and off road working hard) I have had no problems and it is now on 220,000.

Engine running a bit rough on petrol at the moment which needs sorting but still gets me around.  Tyres, break pads, discs, a set of rear wheel bearings and a couple of drive shaft joints. I had a galvanised chassis fitted and because the engine and gearbox had to come out to do the job I had a new clutch fitted at the same time.

As said this motor works for it's living, hauling trailers and taking me over some interesting surfaces.  I have no plans to part with it but am looking at an electric drive UTV for sneaking about as the old legs don't work ike they used to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/06/2021 at 18:56, London Best said:

I am sure that is not uncommon. I do know a man who did 480,000 in a Td5 Disco 2. And a man who was running a late Series one, bought new by his father, which was on, from memory, 730,000 on the original, rebored engine.

I will bet it was a triggers broom .  The biggest mistake I ever made was the two discos I bought . Total rubbish and money pits .harnser

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  Harnser said:

I will bet it was a triggers broom .  The biggest mistake I ever made was the two discos I bought . Total rubbish and money pits .harnser

Phew! I thought for a minute that we were heading for another bunker. :oops:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 23/06/2021 at 19:00, wymberley said:

Phew! I thought for a minute that we were heading for another bunker. 

the reason we have not heard from Harnser...is because he had been fiddling with some alien technology from the bunker....and "they" found out and beamed him up and .............(so they say).........was "interferred " with....if you know what i mean..............and has never been the same since.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ditchman said:

the reason we have not heard from Harnser...is because he had been fiddling with some alien technology from the bunker....and "they" found out and beamed him up and .............(so they say).........was "interferred " with....if you know what i mean..............and has never been the same since.....

Can he still sit down?ūü§¶

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, ditchman said:

the reason we have not heard from Harnser...is because he had been fiddling with some alien technology from the bunker....and "they" found out and beamed him up and .............(so they say).........was "interferred " with....if you know what i mean..............and has never been the same since.....

Still receiving visits from the men in black.

harnser

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...