Let em fly? or Bin em?

TK421

Some idiot at detling a few years back used to let them fly, he almost seemed to aim them at the people waiting, guess he thought he was royalty or a power thing ,I don't know, I really hated him for it, I wanted to pick them up and throw them at the back of his head, but being English we all just slagged him off out of ear shot

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blimey, I used to shoot Detling years ago, but it would not have been me whacking them at the queue.

Just now, Townie said:

Thank God no, but still pretty awful. I wouldn’t have minded if he was good.

Indeed, but that would have been small recompense!

• 2 months later...

A bit of a resurrection.

I shot a round of sporting at Cockett Farm this morning. There were at least 3 groups of shooters just letting their empties fly and leaving them where they landed. A couple tried this odd trick of trying to point the gun so the empties landed in the bin in front. Never worked and looked like harder work than just catching and chucking. Had to wade through empty carts at most stands. Utterly disgusting behaviour in my opinion and a shame to make a mess at such a lovely, tidy ground.

To be honest, i dont see the point in having ejectors on a clay gun,(or even better being able to disconnect them.} The whole idea of ejectors evolved from the poshest guns on driven shoots being able to load that little bit faster

It was a snobbery thing, rich people had them and looked down on those who didn't 

4 hours ago, Vince Green said:

To be honest, i dont see the point in having ejectors on a clay gun,(or even better being able to disconnect them.} The whole idea of ejectors evolved from the poshest guns on driven shoots being able to load that little bit faster

It was a snobbery thing, rich people had them and looked down on those who didn't 

There's an amusing passage in Tom Purdey's book "The Shotgun" about this and it raises the ante further by mentioning easy openers, self openers and single triggers. I'll see if I can find it in my copy of the book.

1 hour ago, enfieldspares said:

There's an amusing passage in Tom Purdey's book "The Shotgun" about this and it raises the ante further by mentioning easy openers, self openers and single triggers. I'll see if I can find it in my copy of the book.

I'd like to see that.not for the purpose of this debate,for my own interest.