Jump to content

The G 7 big meet , But why Cornwall ????


Recommended Posts

If anyone is interested there's a G7 web site: https://www.g7uk.org/

No idea why the EU are represented but I did notice a South Korean military 747 fly over on it's way to Cornwall and found this:  "The UK has invited Australia, India, South Korea and South Africa as guest countries to this year’s G7."

Seeing all the planes flying in and all the military planes flying around I'm not sure they're doing much to meet their aim to "create a greener, more prosperous future."

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Carbis Bay Hotel, where the event is taking place, cut down some very old established coastal woodland (without planning permission) to build the meeting rooms for this junket.

But stand by to be lectured about the environment and sustainability.

Link to post
Share on other sites

From a purely selfish stance I agree with the conference being in Cornwall. Lovely quiet evenings here in Norfolk whilst the contents of Marham base are gallivanting in the South West.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It didn't take him long to stick his nose in where its not wanted. 

Biden making things WORSE for Ireland after wading into Brexit row 'Dial down rhetoric!'

JOE BIDEN has made a mistake by wading into the Brexit row over the Northern Ireland Protocol, and should instead have made his views known privately rather than offering a public rebuke to UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson, an ex-Irish diplomat has said.

Link to post
Share on other sites

think Biden has more DNA relationship with a little village just outside Cambridge than Eire ....the one in cambs died in Burma.....but it appears the Sussex Biden can be connected....but Biden chooses to ignore the fact

 

Boris is telling Macron the granny snatcher......"you wanna beat me up ...then i will invoke Article 16"............

Edited by ditchman
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ditchman said:

think Biden has more DNA relationship with a little village just outside Cambridge than Eire 

 

Boris is telling Macron the granny snatcher......"you wanna beat me up ...then i will invoke Article 16"............

Boris would need to do something the trade issues just highlight the problems, if they think easing trade and all will be OK they are kidding themselves. They are missing the point its the protocol that's the problem, things are going to get hot and heavy here over the summer. I doubt Boris if will invoke article 16 he will cave in again, we will see. 

Loyalists write to PM withdrawing support for Good Friday ...

Edited by ordnance
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ordnance said:

Boris would need to do something the trade issues just highlight the problems, if they think easing trade and all will be OK they are kidding themselves. They are missing the point its the protocol that's the problem, things are going to get hot and heavy here over the summer. I doubt Boris if will invoke article 16 he will cave in again, we will see. 

Loyalists write to PM withdrawing support for Good Friday ...

yes it is going to get messy...........a little bit of give from the EU would sort it.........but i have always thought and still think that the EU behind closed doors wishes to see a totally reunited Ireland.....which would benifit their coffers..........so the less they do to resolve the issue...the more they achieve........

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ditchman said:

yes it is going to get messy...........a little bit of give from the EU would sort it.........but i have always thought and still think that the EU behind closed doors wishes to see a totally reunited Ireland.....which would benifit their coffers..........so the less they do to resolve the issue...the more they achieve........

They have to remember that Ireland is totally dependant financially on trade with the UK. The EU is happy to damage Ireland a lot more than it is damaging the UK just out of spite.

Hopefully Macron and Merkel will be gone soon. Anyway Macron has bigger problems looming at home over pensions. Keep an eye on that one

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

They have to remember that Ireland is totally dependant financially on trade with the UK. The EU is happy to damage Ireland a lot more than it is damaging the UK just out of spite.

Hopefully Macron and Merkel will be gone soon. Anyway Macron has bigger problems looming at home over pensions. Keep an eye on that one

havnt heard about that one............if it is bad as it could be the french will take to the streets...:w00t:

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Anyway Macron has bigger problems looming at home over pensions.

The French pensions sustainability problem has been around for years - and every successive leader has managed to nudge it 'just over the future horizon' - leaving it for their successor.  I suspect Macron will manage the same.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ditchman said:

havnt heard about that one............if it is bad as it could be the french will take to the streets...

They did take to the streets a year ago and he backed down, then blaming covid but with his re-election looming he now has to balance the books, which was his big election pledge, or admit failure. Thats not possible in French politics.

He was the one who promised reform, fools rush in where wise men fear to tread 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

The French pensions sustainability problem has been around for years - and every successive leader has managed to nudge it 'just over the future horizon' - leaving it for their successor.  I suspect Macron will manage the same.

Its not just France that has a problem with pensions though, many EU countries have a demographic time bomb looming. France spends 14% of its budget on pensions and its rising, Macron specifically promised to sort it out even though everyone said that would be impossible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

They did take to the streets a year ago and he backed down, then blaming covid but with his re-election looming he now has to balance the books, which was his big election pledge, or admit failure. Thats not possible in French politics.

He was the one who promised reform, fools rush in where wise men fear to tread 

he will cave in ............cause Marine Le-Penn is breathing down his neck........

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have quite liked it being down here, maybe because I am far enough away from it in Perranporth. Its been very interesting the fast jets, attack helicopters, Red Arrows as well as an aircraft carrier you could sea from the beach. Also more Police about has stopped some of the normal drunk tourists fighting in the street at night.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

It appears that Macron (who seems to be the G7 version of a village idiot) thinks Northern Ireland isn't 'a full' part of the UK anyway!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57460077

 

I would think he's not on his own in his ignorance regarding N I.  Maybe he should remember if N I wasn't part of the UK the French would have being under Germain occupation long after 1945.  

Edited by ordnance
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/06/2021 at 12:02, Newbie to this said:

Or this, fully social distance photo 

 

Screenshot_20210613-120019_WhatsApp.jpg

Or the photo where the great and good are all enjoying themselves outside mask free, but the plebs waiting on them eith the champagne are all masked up.

Living near this circus, and seeing what gets put in place for these people, their complete and utter detachment to the trials and tribulations of the ordinary bloke must surely make them unsuitable to make decisions on our behalf.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...