Fac shotguns on geese .

I find it quite a worry when a Gunshop advertises a Fac shotgun with the words try it on the foreshore at high geese (Marlin bolt action that has not had the mag sorted) and still on Fac .

I see a lot more shops with guns being sold by people who quite frankly haven't a clue,if a complete beginner goes to a shop like this looking for guidance and advice it could all end in tears.

I have alerted them and the ad has been edited although no reply to my polite email .

i did the same on gun trader i told a gun shop the logun rifle they were selling was missing the pellet slip gauge they need it to work or it will jam they have not altered the add and no reply so they will sell it and blame it on the new owner

31 minutes ago, walshie said:

I thought the 2 shot thing only applied to semi-autos. 

I thought the wording of the legislation just mentioned shot capacity (or limits to same) not the type of shotgun being used...?

2 hours ago, walshie said:

I thought the 2 shot thing only applied to semi-autos. 

Nope Pump Action and in the case of the Marlin Bolt Action the two shot magazine has to be welded in place so can only be loaded through the bolt opening

1 hour ago, London Best said:

As I frequently tell an RFD friend, “you don’t need to know anything about shooting, guns or firearms law to open run a gun shop for several decades.”

fixed it for ya