GB News..!!!!

ditchman

26 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

it's not really a news program, more of a chat show! 

I've only had a brief glance at Brillo's opening monologue on Youtube, but seems they're deliberately avoiding 'rolling news'.  Good, for the most part it's totally asinine, because of the need to fill time.

Let's see if they can 'step up to the plate' and hold ministers' feet to the fire (because no other ****** is) when Boris postpones lifting restrictions yet again tonight.

the basic format is a good idea..............but will it work in practice.............i hope it does..but i wouldnt bet on it

Just now, ditchman said:

the basic format is a good idea..............but will it work in practice.............i hope it does..but i wouldnt bet on it

i did in the early days drop an e-mail to andrew neil.............asking him to make room for a proper farming diary....which would cover everything from fishfarming co2 crop production...robotics...quotas.....tech issues......

didnt even get a e-mail back...........

• 1 month later...

They seem to have some problems; First a news presenter (Guto Harri) 'takes the knee' live on air and is suspended - then one of the senior exec (programme director) resigns https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9795703/GB-News-director-programming-quits-amid-Guto-Harri-knee-row.html

- plus Alastair Stewart is off (temporarily) with a broken hip https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9794827/Alastair-Stewart-reveals-broken-hip.html

3 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

They seem to have some problems; First a news presenter (Guto Harri) 'takes the knee' live on air and is suspended - then one of the senior exec (programme director) resigns https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9795703/GB-News-director-programming-quits-amid-Guto-Harri-knee-row.html

- plus Alastair Stewart is off (temporarily) with a broken hip https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9794827/Alastair-Stewart-reveals-broken-hip.html

😂 Brilliant! Sounds like it’s worth watching! 

You know what, I quite like it and it’s what I watch now. Ok it’s not got the budget of the Beeb but it’s different, it has more ‘outside of Westminster’ reporting and interest, and they will voice / test counter views on Covid and race (and with that comes wider discussion which is otherwise stifled by other mainstream media).

On 17/07/2021 at 09:07, Mungler said:

You know what, I quite like it and it’s what I watch now. Ok it’s not got the budget of the Beeb but it’s different, it has more ‘outside of Westminster’ reporting and interest, and they will voice / test counter views on Covid and race (and with that comes wider discussion which is otherwise stifled by other mainstream media).

Agreed, and from tomorrow, Farage has an evening slot. 

19 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Agreed, and from tomorrow, Farage has an evening slot. 

GB are watching their ratings then................Farage has been the best investment so-far................also we dont hear enough from Neil Oliver...........

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

GB are watching their ratings then................Farage has been the best investment so-far................also we dont hear enough from Neil Oliver...........

I agree 100%  on the Neil Oliver , a great speaker , plus he uses his knowledge of our history to great affect.  There are many here in Scotland  that don't like him . Have enjoyed quite a few of his YouTube videos on Scottish  politics. 

I watch the YouTube channel.  Shows broken down into 5 - 15min slots.  I use the "Play All" option and just skip Dan Wooton or anything else not interested in.

It is quite good with a much more balanced approach to subjects.

I think trying to fill full days with news is always going to be a bit tricky for the UK.  Even with interesting World news there is not enough to really fill a day.

RS

1 minute ago, RockySpears said:

just skip Dan Wooton

Yes, that is a part I can't manage either!  Far too 'shouty American' style for me.

2 minutes ago, RockySpears said:

I think trying to fill full days with news is always going to be a bit tricky for the UK.  Even with interesting World news there is not enough to really fill a day.

I don't know how the 'business model' works for the news and journalism industry works.  I am assuming they have to 'buy' content from agencies and individuals - and maybe pay a royalty for each use?  I don't know.  

As they are funded from advertising - and advertisers/advertising agencies have plenty of choice of carriers now, having decent viewer numbers/statistics is presumably important - and they seem (from reports) to be struggling there.  I'm not sure how the figures are counted, but many people may visit a news channel for quite a short time to 'catch up on the latest'.  Few would stay all day.

Overall, it isn't an area I understand at all, but I'm guessing it may be hard to make 'ends meet'.