House buying via online auction?

henry d

On 19/06/2021 at 09:34, bavarianbrit said:

Bought a lot at auctions over the years the last one in 2019 had the sellers fees added to the sale hammer price hidden in the legal pack which upped the cost by £7K. Only house I have ever lost money on when I resold it.

Ouch.

We have been through the pack and it's 2.4% buyer's premium and £500+ vat towards their solicitor fees, which I have seen before so it wasn't a surprise. However they are getting and paying for the indemnity insurance.

1 minute ago, henry d said:

Update

Many thanks, I have managed to secure it, got to within an hour of the deadline and put in a cheeky offer due to only minimal interest and got it accepted!

Well done, always nice to get a win at an auction 

18 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

Well done, always nice to get a win at an auction 

Close run thing, I don't think that they would have taken the only, probably token, offer so we gave a good offer and saved us possibly £11k

15 hours ago, Pushkin said:

Well done Henry d.  Hope it is the bargain you want it to be.

Pushkin:good:

Time will tell, it will be the grandkids soon enough

8 hours ago, loriusgarrulus said:

Well done. Hope it turns into the beautiful home you want.

Would love to see some photos. Before, during and after renovation. It will be an interesting journey.

Not a lot to do really, remove the bedroom built in wardrobes and then get to grips with the decoration/colour scheme. The former is mine the latter is Mrs Hd. The garden may also be left until next year just so we can suss out how we would use it

2 hours ago, billytheghillie said:

Henry D, i thought you were from Perthshire?

Was.

Born in Consett Co. Durham, lived in the west end of Newcastle, joined the RN and lived in Cornwall for many years, then left and moved to Perth for nearly three decades, now back in Tyneside!

2 hours ago, henry d said:

Was.

Born in Consett Co. Durham, lived in the west end of Newcastle, joined the RN and lived in Cornwall for many years, then left and moved to Perth for nearly three decades, now back in Tyneside!

Born in Consett Durham, but made in the Royal navy 👍