Armsan A636

gustav

I contacted the importers regarding these guns. The reason they stopped bringing them in (and the reason that they won't be bringing in any more) is concerned with proof marking issues - possibly, differences between SAAMI and CIP?

The videos that I've seen of these (mainly in the US) are quite positive.  It might be a case of finding a load that 'your' 636 likes?

Hopefully, someone with first-hand UK experience can chip in.

Regards

Andy

I had one on test it was a nice shooting gun however it wouldn't cycle, I tried pretty much every .410 cart on the market but it made no difference! It would also blow the primers out.  I was aware it was sent back to the importers never to be seen again. 

Tedly

On 16/06/2021 at 10:47, gustav said:

Does anyone have any personal experience of these 410 semi-autos?
 I have heard stories regarding their failing to function correctly.

Many thanks,

Alan.

I do own 1 and have for quire a while had the chamber smoothed out and it still only works properly with Winchester aa cartridges not had a single issue unlike every other cartridge made the price of the winchesters makes it a special occasion gun though 😀

I started a thread asking the same questions last year. 

There's some good info in there from a chap who has one and how he managed to get it to work.

As above there are many positive reviews of the gun online from the US.  Buffalo on YT did a good review.

I also contacted the importer and they said they've withdrawn the gun from sale as the regular CIP ammo didn't cycle well enough.  

There is a brand new one in my local gun shop (been on sale since last October) and I keep thinking of taking a gamble on it.

Mossberg have released a .410 semi in the States and you can still get a new Remington (I emailed the importers to confirm this) but the latter are double the price of the Armsan.