The "old" (60's) Love Island

ditchman

does anyone remember that so called social experiment that was documented by Panorama in the 1960's where 20 or 30 couples set up living in a sexually orintated commune on a scottish island.............

i mean sexually they were doing some seriously weird sexual stuff.......every one was humping everyone else........it lasted a year or so until it came to a sticky end when everyone had got the clap...........

made "Love Island" 2021 look like an andy pandy reunion.......

can anyone remember what island it was ??

1 hour ago, Benthejockey said:

They did it in the early 00's. Quite why they ever let Ben Fogle off Taransay ill never know.

nooooooo............it wasnt ben fogle........................in one shot of the panorama documentory it showed a woman squatting on the kitchen table havin a wee into someones glass fer christ sake.............................

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

does anyone remember that so called social experiment that was documented by Panorama in the 1960's where 20 or 30 couples set up living in a sexually orintated commune on a scottish island.............

i mean sexually they were doing some seriously weird sexual stuff.......every one was humping everyone else........it lasted a year or so until it came to a sticky end when everyone had got the clap...........

made "Love Island" 2021 look like an andy pandy reunion.......

can anyone remember what island it was ??

Was it The Raft 1973, rechristened “sex raft”.....https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/features/love-island-the-raft-film-documentary-sex-experiment-santiago-genoves-a8591746.html

Edited by old'un

7 minutes ago, old'un said:

Was it The Raft 1973, rechristened “sex raft”

might have been older than that...........

it was as i say a social experiment ...and i think it had some sort of quasi-govt arts funding support....

the basic rules were that couples were not allowed to cohabit with each other for more than a week !!!.after a week they had to change partners...........a new senior or boss was elected every month

they grew vedgetables ...shot deer etc...............they had to take the gun away as someone got upset about someone else................then some of the couples wated to stay together.........

it all ended up as a real dumpster fire....when 3/4 of the women got pregnant....not knowing who the *** the father was.....a doctor was brought in cause everyone got the clap...a few couples left   cause they were board of the food

im sure it was panorama................round about the time of Fife Robertson....or cliff Michelmore

they would dare show that programme now........:lol:

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

it is out there somewhere..........it was all in black and white and definatly on a scottish island...........

Ditchy you should seek some medical help, things are usually seen in monochrome when on the weed, didn't they build a wall to stop this sort of thing coming into England 

19 minutes ago, ditchman said:

look im really serious...............im just asking for some help....

I'm intrigued. 

We're you in the programme ?.

Did you drink the lady wee from the wine glass ?.

Did you smoke marijuana? 

Did you get a dose ?.

Did you get pregnant ?.

10 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

I'm intrigued. 

We're you in the programme ?.

Did you drink the lady wee from the wine glass ?.

Did you smoke marijuana? 

Did you get a dose ?.

Did you get pregnant ?.

do you know im really surprised that none of you remember this one off programme................im even more surprised that our valued scottish wing of PW aint got a clue at what im running on about.....especially as it happened on their patch :w00t:

and just to add......i think you are talking porky pies.....as one of the blokes sitting at the kitchen did drink her wee...:sick:

5 hours ago, ditchman said:

it is out there somewhere..........it was all in black and white and definatly on a scottish island...........

Hello, I seem to remember this it's just finding something on the web , yes like many ours was a black and white tv, the first tv in color I watched belonged to a farming family I knew in our village, 

17 hours ago, ditchman said:

look im really serious...............im just asking for some help....

Now come on Simon, lets talk sense instead of the ole squit we keep a hearing from the boi's on this ere forum .

Is your memory playing tricks about the location ?, as the island we were both brought up on had this going on as a everyday way of life , no one had more than anyone else so it was share and share alike , just like one big happy family , free love they used to call it , those were the days my friend I thought would never end , we sing and danced forever and a day  said the lovely Mary Hopkins :drinks:

On 17/06/2021 at 14:13, marsh man said:

Now come on Simon, lets talk sense instead of the ole squit we keep a hearing from the boi's on this ere forum .

Is your memory playing tricks about the location ?, as the island we were both brought up on had this going on as a everyday way of life , no one had more than anyone else so it was share and share alike , just like one big happy family , free love they used to call it , those were the days my friend I thought would never end , we sing and danced forever and a day  said the lovely Mary Hopkins :drinks:

yes and the Mars Bar woohar Michael !

Edited by derbyduck
thick