Beretta 694.

samboy

Hi gang.

I fancied buying one of these until i had a go of one on Sunday. I have never known such heavy trigger pulls.

Are they all like this or do you think it was a one off.

I've had a few Beretta's and never had a problem with their triggers.

Thanks all.

They’re adjustable aren’t they? I think the triggers are fully adjustable. 

Nice gun to shoot, shot one alongside my bog standard silver pigeon. 

Hit hit as many clays with both guns. 

694 was about £3,500, paid £1,000 for the silver pigeon. 

14 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

They’re adjustable aren’t they? I think the triggers are fully adjustable. 

Nice gun to shoot, shot one alongside my bog standard silver pigeon. 

Hit hit as many clays with both guns. 

694 was about £3,500, paid £1,000 for the silver pigeon. 

Not sure if they adjust for weight of pull, most adjustable triggers are just movable forwards and backwards i believe

2 hours ago, Charliedog said:

Not sure if they adjust for weight of pull, most adjustable triggers are just movable forwards and backwards i believe

I’m sure they even have space trigger blades if I remember right. 

YouTube is the place to check will give you a full video review 

I've had 2 Berettas from new and both had heavy trigger pulls. I had them lightened on the 1st one then just lived with it the 2nd. I've really tried to like Berettas since then, so a few years back I tried a GMK demo 692, but for the 1st two pairs I couldn't pull the trigger without dragging the gun off line. A year or so after that I tried a GMK demo 690, the tacky one with orange lettering, and that was the same. My old 687 from 1991 had a much nicer trigger but I wouldn't have a new Beretta now as other competitive guns have so much better triggers. Some people don't notice or don't care about heavy triggers, but after a couple of years with light, crisp 3½lb pulls the Berettas take a lot of getting used to.

Obviously it's intentional and my guess it's something to do with being seen to take precautions against accidental discharges and product lability claims etc.

Think it must be an issue with the newer Berettas? I’ve got five but they are all older guns with excellent trigger pulls. The 1980’s 682 x trap has the lightest pulls. Also have a DT 10 which in my opinion compares to a Perazzi MX8 which are supposed to have some of the best trigger pulls of any shotgun. Even my 2012 AL 391 semi auto has a good trigger.

• 1 year later...

Hi gang.

Well i went and bought a 694 in Feb this year and apart from a screw falling out of the forend it has been faultless.

I have been clay shooting for 42 years and have had about 20 odd guns but this one is the one for me.

I absolutely love it and have not looked at another gun since. I would buy another one tomorrow if anything

happened to it.

1 hour ago, samboy said:

Hi gang.

Well i went and bought a 694 in Feb this year and apart from a screw falling out of the forend it has been faultless.

I have been clay shooting for 42 years and have had about 20 odd guns but this one is the one for me.

I absolutely love it and have not looked at another gun since. I would buy another one tomorrow if anything

happened to it.

my mate has the 694 limited edition so its basically 1" longer but as you say sam it's a lovely gun shot it my self very nice