Back on the vermin with my 223 sako.

7 hours ago, Ttfjlc said:

Excellent shooting again with the added bonus of some dog work, will you be sticking with the blitzkings? 

Thanks pal, ye the Blitzkings are a cracking fox bullet and will use them for that but for the 400 yard plus shots will still use the 69 grain TMK's

8 hours ago, Good shot? said:

Good result, loved watching your mate getting involved and still doing his thing and him enjoying it too.

Thanks a lot pal.

8 hours ago, ninjaferret said:

Good shooting.

Thanks Ferret much appreciated.

Cool  & professional video  Simon6pcc... you deserve a conservation medal for the work you do protecting these species that are on a knife edge these days. At least the mindset of people on this forum will appreciate the job you do (and enjoy). The old boy at the end nearly brought a tear to my eye. Old and sentimental I think! Keep them coming.

Some people might think your time spent on the retrieves at the end was completely pointless - after all you could have just walked over and picked them up yourself, right?

However I completely understood the reason why and greatly respect you for it.  Our dogs are still working dogs right to their last breath.  When they get a bit old and creaky, they might not be able to chase about after game any more but the urge to do it never fades.  And to spend time giving an older dog that "hit" of doing some retrieving, it's part of paying them back for all those years of unfaltering loyal service.  Having a dog myself in the latter part of her effective working life this really strikes a chord.  I felt quite emotional watching that!

It's clear to see you've got a super strong bond with that old boy.  I'll genuinely feel really cut up when the day comes that you post a video of just you on your own...

On 17/06/2021 at 07:13, Westley78 said:

Nice video mate and great to see the old fella still enjoying himself 👍🏻

Thanks Westly.

On 17/06/2021 at 09:29, pbutd said:

Cool  & professional video  Simon6pcc... you deserve a conservation medal for the work you do protecting these species that are on a knife edge these days. At least the mindset of people on this forum will appreciate the job you do (and enjoy). The old boy at the end nearly brought a tear to my eye. Old and sentimental I think! Keep them coming.

Thanks pal ye the sport or work we all love and do is in uncertain times for sure. 

On 17/06/2021 at 10:20, lakeside1000 said:

Wow, you certainly are an amazing marksman and what a super old dog, keep up the good work and videos, most enjoyable 😄👍

Thanks a lot pal 

On 17/06/2021 at 10:33, JDog said:

We need to know the name of your companion. After all he did teach you everything you know.

• Hyia JD he's Called Jack if you remember when i posted on here a few years ago with Pigeon Driller he was only 2 or 3 years of age then hell how time flys. 
On 17/06/2021 at 11:25, hawkfanz said:

another brilliant video,

Thanks Mate.

On 17/06/2021 at 12:52, Old farrier said:

Thanks for posting good shooting obviously you wouldn’t have got any without your mate I’m sure he spotted them before you 😊

all the best 

of 

Thanks a lot pal ye he also spots if any one comes walking to he is quite handy lol.

On 17/06/2021 at 16:01, Fuddster said:

Outstanding shooting.

lovely ending to the film.

atb 

f.

Thanks Fuddster

On 17/06/2021 at 21:28, 7daysinaweek said:

Superb shooting and I truly admire your diligence, puts me to shame.

Lovely seeing your dog still enjoying his time and looking forward to more of your posts.

atb

7diaw

Cheers pal very much appreciated 

On 17/06/2021 at 23:28, Jim Neal said:

Some people might think your time spent on the retrieves at the end was completely pointless - after all you could have just walked over and picked them up yourself, right?

However I completely understood the reason why and greatly respect you for it.  Our dogs are still working dogs right to their last breath.  When they get a bit old and creaky, they might not be able to chase about after game any more but the urge to do it never fades.  And to spend time giving an older dog that "hit" of doing some retrieving, it's part of paying them back for all those years of unfaltering loyal service.  Having a dog myself in the latter part of her effective working life this really strikes a chord.  I felt quite emotional watching that!

It's clear to see you've got a super strong bond with that old boy.  I'll genuinely feel really cut up when the day comes that you post a video of just you on your own...

Thanks a lot Jim you are 100 percent right and Reading your comment almost brought a tear to my eye to, me and Jack have been through so much together as you can imagine in a pigeon hide for a good 8 years also game shooting it goes on for ever and they do age so fast and i dread that day my self but on the up side i will be after another very soon to train up again as i fancy a fox red one this time, stay safe my friend.

19 hours ago, Shufti said:

Thank you for sharing with us all.

No problem Shufti and thanks to you for your comment.

Edited by simon6ppc

Simon

Sometimes I cannot remember my own name never mind your dog’s name from the distant past when you were a regular contributor to the forum.

Anyway good to see you back on here showing off some pretty amazing skill in Jack’s company.

16 hours ago, old man said:

Brilliant shooting again Simon.

Thanks pal.

12 hours ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Brilliant once again Simon , love watching your videos , very well made with excellent shooting. Nice to see your old mate at the end  , wouldnt like to be a corvid when you're about 👍

Thanks again Foxhunter hope your fine and dandy.

12 hours ago, oowee said:

I was waiting for that double. 

Super super super :good:

Thanks Oowee ye i wasn't just fast enough lol

12 hours ago, ditchman said:

lovely............what a lovely way to spend a day..beautifully done..

that dog thinks the world of you

Thanks again Ditchman

15 hours ago, JDog said:

Simon

Sometimes I cannot remember my own name never mind your dog’s name from the distant past when you were a regular contributor to the forum.

Anyway good to see you back on here showing off some pretty amazing skill in Jack’s company.

Cheers pal ye doesn't time just fly be Christmas again any minute lol.

16 hours ago, old man said:

Brilliant shooting again Simon.

Thanks old chap.

On 19/06/2021 at 15:35, simon6ppc said:

Thanks a lot Jim you are 100 percent right and Reading your comment almost brought a tear to my eye to, me and Jack have been through so much together as you can imagine in a pigeon hide for a good 8 years also game shooting it goes on for ever and they do age so fast and i dread that day my self but on the up side i will be after another very soon to train up again as i fancy a fox red one this time, stay safe my friend.

No problem Shufti and thanks to you for your comment.

Give Jack a big old fuss from me mate... and maybe a cheeky little bit of scrap picked off the next chicken carcass, yeah?  nom nom nom 🙂