Shooting slugs through a air arms 510 fac

Cornish lad

Hi guys ;I ve never given this any attention before ;but is there any thing to be gained shooting slugs or  my normal jsb 18,3 gr pellets  ?? Are you able to use these with any consistent shooting what would if any advantages be forth coming ?is any body using these in there air arms 510 fac ? Thanks in advance 

1 hour ago, islandgun said:

Sorry but my veg crops are being destroyed by slugs just now and your title gave me a little hope.. for a while

😂👍

21 hours ago, Cornish lad said:

Hi guys ;I ve never given this any attention before ;but is there any thing to be gained shooting slugs or  my normal jsb 18,3 gr pellets  ?? Are you able to use these with any consistent shooting what would if any advantages be forth coming ?is any body using these in there air arms 510 fac ? Thanks in advance 

The h&n slugs work well in fx smoothtwist x barrels, but they need speed for good accuracy. 900fps plus ideally.

2 hours ago, islandgun said:

Sorry but my veg crops are being destroyed by slugs just now and your title gave me a little hope.. for a while

Mine too. 

Hedgehogs love them. We were regularly getting 10 or 11 a night in our garden and had no serious slug damage. 

Then we got the terrier......... 

Another vote for H&N 21grn. I’m running the 217’s through my Daystate Airwolf at 820fps. Super accurate especially over longer distances. 
I did try a sample pack of both H&N and Wildman slugs. 21 Grn upwards. The Wildman have a more superior finish than the H&N and are a lot more expensive. However, my barrel didn’t like them at all.

Edited by turbo33

A lot  can’t get the wildman slugs to work , but been told you have to tune your gun to get them to work  . I have tried every tune on mine , still couldn’t get them to work , not just me others have tried them as well but couldn’t get them to work either Like most guns every one is different to what shoots  best . All I know , .22 H&N slugs work in most guns straight of with very little tuning if any at all 

On 19/06/2021 at 14:15, villaman said:

A lot  can’t get the wildman slugs to work , but been told you have to tune your gun to get them to work  . I have tried every tune on mine , still couldn’t get them to work , not just me others have tried them as well but couldn’t get them to work either Like most guns every one is different to what shoots  best . All I know , .22 H&N slugs work in most guns straight of with very little tuning if any at all 

Yes, they work well in mine and the jsb knockout are good as well. I’ve got a tin of 30 grain h&n but haven’t tried them yet.