Overnight fishing.

Pangolin

34 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, that looks a nice way to fish ๐Ÿ‘, back in years past when most fishery's had a closed season we use to get ready to fish 12pm on June 15 , most of us had pre baited swims, Tench was the favourite, thanks for posting๐Ÿ‘

First outing in a hammock, the weather looked good for it and its lighter to carry than a bivvy.

I love a bit of Tench fishing, there's an estate near me that bred fish back in the 1500s then in the 1800s it's was breeding Tench and trout, in the old wood there is a boating lake full of them. Years ago I had permission but the estate has changed hands and I'm in the process of retaining the permission.

ย 

20 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

Nice pictures and good result with the permissionsย 

Cheers bud, the owner is a farmer with wheat, barley, rape and an absolute load of pink feet.

I just started chatting to him about the amount of them and any potential crop damage, gave him a business card I had made up andย he said I can come down whenever they're in season and thin them out.ย 

34 minutes ago, twenty said:

Nice one, how heavy ?

I dont usually weigh them but I'd say about 13lb.

Edited by Pangolin

1 hour ago, Pangolin said:

First outing in a hammock, the weather looked good for it and its lighter to carry than a bivvy.

I love a bit of Tench fishing, there's an estate near me that bred fish back in the 1500s then in the 1800s it's was breeding Tench and trout, in the old wood there is a boating lake full of them. Years ago I had permission but the estate has changed hands and I'm in the process of retaining the permission.

ย 

Cheers bud, the owner is a farmer with wheat, barley, rape and an absolute load of pink feet.

I just started chatting to him about the amount of them and any potential crop damage, gave him a business card I had made up andย he said I can come down whenever they're in season and thin them out.ย 

I dont usually weigh them but I'd say about 13lb.

Very well done on the Carp and gaining shooting permission. ( Apologies if I've read your post wrong or misunderstood ) but unless you was fishing in Icelandย  I'd bet those " absolute loads of Pinkfeet " are Grey-Lag geeseย 

25 minutes ago, 6.5x55SE said:

Very well done on the Carp and gaining shooting permission. ( Apologies if I've read your post wrong or misunderstood ) but unless you was fishing in Icelandย  I'd bet those " absolute loads of Pinkfeet " are Grey-Lag geeseย 

Yes they are, bud. Pink feet, orange bill.

Edited by Pangolin

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, have you tried fly fishing for carp ? My Son does this a few times a year, there's a nice largish lake in a Manor house grounds that he fishes, they put up a good fight on this set up, cheers

Never, I dont believe I've ever held a fly rod either. Maybe something to look into.

I was watching someone do it on youtube the other day on Carl and Alex.

If you dont know who they are but have an interest in fishing, Carl and Alex are two brilliant young lads that have been making fishing videos since they were children. There editing and video is top quality and they're nothing but good for the outdoor pursuits and fishing world.

This is the type of stuff they produce.

I highly reccoment anyone who likes fishing or well made videos to check them out. Also if you have children or grandchildren you would like to introduce to fishing but cant get out at the minute, show it to them.

37 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Thatโ€™s awesomeย 

Cheers bud.

ย 

ย 

ย 

This is their channel -ย 

https://youtube.com/c/CarlandAlex

ย 

Edited by Pangolin

1 hour ago, Pangolin said:

Never, I dont believe I've ever held a fly rod either. Maybe something to look into.

I was watching someone do it on youtube the other day on Carl and Alex.

If you dont know who they are but have an interest in fishing, Carl and Alex are two brilliant young lads that have been making fishing videos since they were children. There editing and video is top quality and they're nothing but good for the outdoor pursuits and fishing world.

I highly reccoment anyone who likes fishing or well made videos to check them out. Also if you have children or grandchildren you would like to introduce to fishing but cant get out at the minute, show it to them.

Cheers bud.

ย 

ย 

ย 

This is their channel -ย 

https://youtube.com/c/CarlandAlex

ย 

Hello, am not one for videos, as a fisherman of over 60 years I started around the age of 8 with a length of cane, fishing line, cork from a bottle and bent pin๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

10 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I really like the videos from Carl and Alrx, thoroughly nice young men and a credit to their family.

The Dale Hollow Lake trip in the US is my favourite even though one of them missed the trip.

Is that the huge lake they took a pontoon on?

On 19/06/2021 at 09:50, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, am not one for videos, as a fisherman of over 60 years I started around the age of 8 with a length of cane, fishing line, cork from a bottle and bent pin๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜

Didnโ€™t do the bent pin but everything else and a seagull feather pushed through a slice of cork. Worked on perch though.