ENG v SCO.

twenty

2 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Gareth Bale earns 325x that each week, every week, regardless of whether he plays or not. 

I agree that, even in this day and age, it's pretty inconceivable that international footballers do anything but their very best when representing your country.

What I do find ironic though is that an expression of National Pride through the England football team is these days one of the few ways it's seen as acceptable to be patriotic and nationalist, yet the performances themselves are not anything to be particularly proud about.

I agree. I'm a big Reading FC fan and when I lived up that way, I was a season ticket holder. There was a season in the Championship where we were unstoppable. I'd go to games expecting us to score three or four and I knew the players were trying to score three or four. Thems were happy days.

I'd just love to watch one England game where I'd get that feeling. Instead it's keep it tight...stay in the game...keep the ball...be patient. Meanwhile fans at home are screaming at the TV to just GO FORWARD! It's a depressing business following England. I'll still tune in for Czech Rep...ever the glutton for punishment!

The fastest they moved all night was taking the knee. Whilst Southgate defends this appalling gesture, I wish him nothing but the sack.

He seems to peddle an image, rather than having tactical genius and his team selection bordered on bizarre. Harry Kane seems a decent lad and top flight on his day, but he looked lethargic. Raheem Stirling running about like a headless chicken. The full backs changed for no apparent reason. 

Scotland, without the same available talent, tried and looked to be the only side going for a win.

Our abysmal performance aside, I would be interested to know of any individual player who has impressed. My own vote would go to Denzel Dumfries. Never heard of him before the tournament, but he looks good.

Edited by Gordon R

14 hours ago, Gordon R said:

The fastest they moved all night was taking the knee. Whilst Southgate defends this appalling gesture, I wish him nothing but the sack.

He seems to peddle an image, rather than having tactical genius and his team selection bordered on bizarre. Harry Kane seems a decent lad and top flight on his day, but he looked lethargic. Raheem Stirling running about like a headless chicken. The full backs changed for no apparent reason. 

Scotland, without the same available talent, tried and looked to be the only side going for a win.

Our abysmal performance aside, I would be interested to know of any individual player who has impressed. My own vote would go to Denzel Dumfries. Never heard of him before the tournament, but he looks good.

I thought Alexander Isak of Sweden looked good, and only 21 years old.( I've never heard of this player either)

14 hours ago, strimmer_13 said:

IMG-20210620-WA0010.jpg.1226a361b0075f467f8570a70a2acd5e.jpg

Sigh. That song deserves a better team. What would fans sing if England kept winning the Euros and the world cup? Gotta chant something to pass the time whilst watching all that winning...

Bring on the relentless, unwavering, abject mediocrity I say, and give us all a song to sing!

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/06/2021 at 22:40, ShootingEgg said:

We have enough attack minded players to run a set for 60 minutes and then take advantage of the 4/5 sub rule.. we could of run them ragged... But with a defender as a manager we sit back and play some awful football.. Tonight proved that he picks players due to club not performance.. Sterling and Kane should be dropped for the next game.

Feeling better now?

23 hours ago, Smokersmith said:

Feeling better now?

Hahaha of course. I know he has a game plan, we have such a good squad, young talented players.. just sometimes it's frustrating watching haha. I'm a stereotypical England supporter. Have to have something to moan about 😅😂😂😂😁😁