Same field

yickdaz

Went back to the same field we shot last sat not really expecting much shooting after taking 90 birds off it but it was worth a look with the amount of birds in the area I couldn't of been more wrong as last week 3 to 400 on the field and birds fighting in the wind was in the opposite direction so it would be the otherside of  the field not a problem slightly shorter walk got set up by 12 .45pm it was a carbon copy of last week first hour and half it was hectic then went to a steady stream of birds coming in my dad had gone clay shooting with a mate and said he would join me later on he left it to late I had over 100 down by the time he got to the hide at 4.30pm so I left him to shoot the last hour whilst I went looking for birds I seen drop in the distance and hit birds that made the trees total was 130 exactly picked 121

20210619_173723.jpg

Another excellent bag of Pigeons , Peas seem to be the number one draw at the moment , your weather looked a lot better than ours , around here it was heavy rain for most of the day and started to dry out later on doing the afternoon , I shot our Pea field last Saturday afternoon , looked twice doing the week and only the odd one seen , more or less got to the field yesterday afternoon at the same time the sprayer came to give it a top dressing , enough got off the field and out of the trees to have a go but with a threat of more rain looming up and the sprayer putting on god know what I decided to leave it another day or two when the weather should improve .

How advanced are the Peas you shot over ? , ours are well in flower with small pods breaking through .

1 hour ago, marsh man said:

Another excellent bag of Pigeons , Peas seem to be the number one draw at the moment , your weather looked a lot better than ours , around here it was heavy rain for most of the day and started to dry out later on doing the afternoon , I shot our Pea field last Saturday afternoon , looked twice doing the week and only the odd one seen , more or less got to the field yesterday afternoon at the same time the sprayer came to give it a top dressing , enough got off the field and out of the trees to have a go but with a threat of more rain looming up and the sprayer putting on god know what I decided to leave it another day or two when the weather should improve .

How advanced are the Peas you shot over ? , ours are well in flower with small pods breaking through .

there's no peas grown in any of the areas we shoot, its a field of barley well supposed to be  but the weed growth took over it and thats what the birds are after