The noisy, wriggly hide...

WalkedUp

Had the boys (2, 4 & 6) in the hide for 30 mins, didn’t expect to get anything as we were just on cut grass after the hay had been collected earlier in the day, but they loved it nonetheless. Main aim was for them to just have fun putting the decoys out and then collecting them in etc. We had been working on the shoot in the morning. 

A single magpie fell victim to the moderated .410” subsonics. It is now on our sofa as part of a “bird display” after repeatedly being found around the house and thrown out by my wife. My four year old retrieved it, he recognised it was a young bird. It was very hot so they also did some more skinny dipping to pass the afternoon. 

1092EB5B-8825-428A-83D0-5B816DC36E3A.jpeg

C8AFF2DB-BAB3-429B-9225-1984D8170730.jpeg

On 20/06/2021 at 09:28, WalkedUp said:

Yes, he looked gorgeous. Normally I would censor the images but you can barely see his face, just how intrigued they were with the bird. He was trying to find where it was hit. 

I thought he'd worked out where to look for the bit that tells you how old the bird is! 😂

Glad to see you enjoy some Dad/Kid time, it's so important but so many kids miss out because it's too much hassle for the parents 😞