New beige colour Eco clays cant be seen against blue sky !!! - What colour lenses ?

Shotkam

On 23/06/2021 at 13:55, discobob said:

I went to a place a couple of weeks ago - and I think that he must have been using these on the Battues as it was a hell of a job to spot them - they were a distance out as well

They had them on a long looper down at Lower Lake in Cornwall - again tricky to pick up quickly.

Both Lapporte and CCI are on the case though, they assure me.

57 minutes ago, ditchman said:

what about having them zebra striped....then you could see them spinning................

Use a one-inch brush to run a line of white paint down a stack of clays, makes them highly visible in poor light or on a foggy day.   A chap told me that about 30 years ago, sounded like a good idea, but I have never seen it for myself.

33 minutes ago, McSpredder said:

Use a one-inch brush to run a line of white paint down a stack of clays, makes them highly visible in poor light or on a foggy day.   A chap told me that about 30 years ago, sounded like a good idea, but I have never seen it for myself.

sounds like a p-lan :good:

42 minutes ago, McSpredder said:

I'll give a try at home😃

13 hours ago, Shotkam said:

I'll give a try at home😃

Please let us know the result.   Does it really work, or was somebody pulling my leg?

Might have been the same person who mentioned launching "clays" moulded from hard rubber -- the idea being that some expert marksmen would be disconcerted when the targets never seemed to break.

7 minutes ago, McSpredder said:

Please let us know the result.   Does it really work, or was somebody pulling my leg?

Might have been the same person who mentioned launching "clays" moulded from hard rubber -- the idea being that some expert marksmen would be disconcerted when the targets never seemed to break.

Many moons ago a few 'alloy' clays where interspersed in a fun morning without anyone knowing which caused some language problems. 

7 hours ago, McSpredder said:

I am slightly sceptical as due to the rpm they rotate at I would think the line would just be a blur - lets see. 

1 hour ago, Centrepin said:

Missed this Fieldtester episode - so well done for posting.

The Eco clays could be seen ok due to the combination of close range and a cloudy background.

Never the less, both CCI and Laporte are working on a black Eco clay as I have already posted.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, discobob said:

Well, they are now a sing these at Sealand on the Skeet- large amount of breakages and the grounds man said that that is the way they are. 

We had one round with no breakages, but then started breaking again so I went onto the sport trap

We were told they use them as a small midi as they were far toucher than pitch based clays and the the traps were wound right up as these particular clays had to travel a long way to reach the guns.

12 hours ago, discobob said:

Well, they are now a sing these at Sealand on the Skeet- large amount of breakages and the grounds man said that that is the way they are. 

We had one round with no breakages, but then started breaking again so I went onto the sport trap

We have found the opposite, we've had less breakages with them.