DBS check

Harry136

Hi, I’m going to an interview at a school tomorrow, the role is for an estate/ site manager. Should I be offered the role I will have to undergo a DBS check. I’m just wondering if anyone knows if having an FAC/SGC will be flagged on the check visible for an employer to see?

For a school it'll be an enhanced DBS. Cost somewhere around £58 from memory. It mentions NOTHING about firearms ownership. Remember this is a generic one size fits all document. It will list criminal convictions - and cautions and if (enhanced) you are on the list of those banned from working with children. The actual paper copy even though your new employer will pay for it is, usually, sent to you.

The DBS check is almost pointless as it doesn't know if you are a perv or anything it just means you haven't been caught. I have had several DBS check's and it never mentioned or tries to find out if you have a gun licence.

Why are you concerned?

I worked for Security Services, Police and Fire and was a Chair of Governors so had many enhanced DBS checks (one for each employer) there is never a mention of lawful activity. 

DBS shows unspent convictions, enhance DBS is a differs level and shows full details of a criminal record. This includes cautions, warnings, reprimands, spent and unspent convictions. It can also search the children and vulnerable adults 'barred list' to see if the applicant is prohibited from working with these groups.

Edited by Goldfish

I've got/had all sorts of clearances over the last few years. One did show I had my FAC, think it was the MET police one. Conversely when I applied for my FAC the FLO asked me why I had something on my record that even he couldn't see, turns out it was one of the clearances he wasn't cleared for!