Trans gender weight lifter

TRINITY

26 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Perhaps they will have to introduce a grading system like the Para Olympians work under. 

Differing degrees of "maleness" from 1 to 10. 

Checks on the "equipment in place" and their history as an original male athlete and now as an incomplete male.

Good idea! And please note, STILL MALE.

Graph showing Gavin - sorry, Laurel - Hubbard's lifting. Mediocre men can beat exceptional women in terms of strength. 

FB_IMG_1624371897389.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

But like you say, it might be their only shot. 

So a handful of them walk, as they won't all do it and then what? 

The handful that made a stand and loose out, while being told they should have competed anyway, talk about a loose, loose situation. 

That’s exactly how it will play out. 
They need to all walk but they won’t. 

So we are stuck with blokes competing in women’s sports now 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

3 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Yes, yes I would. 

Ive been in jobs where I’ve felt they’re not doing it right, not following the right law policy or whatever, raised the issue, if managers don’t address it then I’d happily walk. 

I imagine the athletes don’t want to throw away the last 4-5 years of immense hard work and dedication it’s taken to get there. 

For some this will be their first or only olympics. 

They will all carry on and complete … UNTIL they get beaten by this bloke and then they will complain and say it was unfair. 

They could  take a stand now about it being unfair to everyone, but they will most likely wait until it impacts them and then complain about it. 

I imagine they are hoping in their minds that one of them could still win Gold or similar, in which case they will say they are the best. But if they lose it will be unfair. 

To be honest, there should be no shouts or unfairness allowed after the games. 

They have all seen that this person has been allowed to compete as a woman … they should decide now whether they walk or not! 

It’s no good competing then complaining about it afterwards only if they lose. The only way to get the message across is to walk / not compete at all. 

You can’t turn up to a sports event, blatantly see the opposition are cheating or not playing by the rules, play the event anyway on the off chance you might just win, and then complain about the result post match saying it is wasn't fair. They know it’s not fair before it’s started. 

Good post. Agree entirely. 

Think this says so much about the 'person' in question. I dont know how they have the hard faced cheek to do this. It's like an adult playing in an under 11 team.

As far as the other genuine athletes are concerned, I dont know why the majority must suffer for one person.  They should all complete but if this person wins a medal, make their point by refusing yo go on the medal ceremony. 

44 minutes ago, TRINITY said:

Think this says so much about the 'person' in question. I dont know how they have the hard faced cheek to do this. It's like an adult playing in an under 11 team.

As far as the other genuine athletes are concerned, I dont know why the majority must suffer for one person.  They should all complete but if this person wins a medal, make their point by refusing yo go on the medal ceremony. 

This is a far better plan, but even then, I can almost hear the howls from main stream media claiming the UK is a transphobic society and holding any athletes who did that up as examples. 

1 hour ago, TRINITY said:

This is the real issue at play. It's not trans people ... it's this one idiot, hiding behind "being trans" as a way to get themself lots of attention. They are clearly an attention seeker and don't care if the attention is good or bad, as long as they are in the limelight. 

I imagine that a lot of other trans people are very annoyed at this individial, as they just want to be accepted, left alone and allowed to get on with their lives. Then you have this individual, who is using "being trans" as something else. I would bet money if they stopped getting attention from supposedly being trans they would move on to some other form of trying to get attention. 

Even Bruce / Kaitlyn Jenner has said that Trans people should not be commpeting in women's sport. It's obvious. 

4 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

This is the real issue at play. It's not trans people ... it's this one idiot, hiding behind "being trans" as a way to get themself lots of attention. They are clearly an attention seeker and don't care if the attention is good or bad, as long as they are in the limelight. 

I imagine that a lot of other trans people are very annoyed at this individial, as they just want to be accepted, left alone and allowed to get on with their lives. Then you have this individual, who is using "being trans" as something else. I would bet money if they stopped getting attention from supposedly being trans they would move on to some other form of trying to get attention. 

Even Bruce / Kaitlyn Jenner has said that Trans people should not be commpeting in women's sport. It's obvious. 

Although it's part of the issue, the biggest issue is the government, laws and any other involved authorities allowing it. There will always be people who will go too far, but It simply shouldn't be allowed. 

2 hours ago, ehb102 said:

Good idea! And please note, STILL MALE.

Graph showing Gavin - sorry, Laurel - Hubbard's lifting. Mediocre men can beat exceptional women in terms of strength. 

the world record for the 90kg clean and jerk is male - 233kg, female 193kg

tennis serve - male 263kph. female 220kph

swimming 100m freestyle male  is 46.91 seconds, while for women it’s 51.71.

every male runner in the london olympic 100mm  semi finals beat the female world record

only 1 in 1000 women can beat an average man

9 minutes ago, wascal said:

the world record for the 90kg clean and jerk is male - 233kg, female 193kg

tennis serve - male 263kph. female 220kph

swimming 100m freestyle male  is 46.91 seconds, while for women it’s 51.71.

every male runner in the london olympic 100mm  semi finals beat the female world record

only 1 in 1000 women can beat an average man

It's probably true to say any sport that relies on athletic performance would be impossible for a female to competitively compete against males in, we're simply different. 

7 minutes ago, Wilts#Dave said:

Hilarious this is deemed acceptable to be honest. The guy that identifies as a woman is bigger than most blokes for a start!
If they were wanting to compete in something much less physical that might be more acceptable, but weightlifting…..oh come on 😂

I somehow doubt, he/she/it will be taking part in the floor gymnastics!

As Lloyd says, the only way to prevent this happening is for the other athletes to refuse to take part. The organisers won’t as they will be terrified of appearing unPC, so it is down to the other athletes. It will mean the risk of losing sponsorship and other lucrative possibilities, but unless the Olympic committee take a stand, and they won’t, I see no other way.  

8 hours ago, Scully said:

As Lloyd says, the only way to prevent this happening is for the other athletes to refuse to take part. The organisers won’t as they will be terrified of appearing unPC, so it is down to the other athletes. It will mean the risk of losing sponsorship and other lucrative possibilities, but unless the Olympic committee take a stand, and they won’t, I see no other way.  

Bit unfair, don't you think, to the women athletes? That they should give up all they have worked for because a committee of men think that the feelz of other men are more important than fairness. Why is it down to women to change the behaviour of men? Let's see all the male sports people stepping forward and saying "this is wrong". 

3 minutes ago, ehb102 said:

That they should give up all they have worked for because a committee of men think...

This became a major story because said athlete received the endorsement of none other the New Zealand Prime Minister.  A woman.

The issue of Trans athletes really isn't a men-versus-women issue, and I think it's frankly at best silly, at worst counter-productive, to try and make it one.  Surely the responses to this thread, if nothing else, show that opinions on this aren't divided along gender...sorry, sex lines.

Frankly, I think athletics is generally silly full stop.  It's just a massive, overblown school sports day, and anyone taking it seriously needs to grow the hell up.  But I appreciate I'm in the minority view on this, and the Olympics (yes including shooting) is taken seriously by an awful lot of people. 

Inlcuding little girls and boys, who are not being done any favours by this current situation

1 hour ago, ehb102 said:

Bit unfair, don't you think, to the women athletes? That they should give up all they have worked for because a committee of men think that the feelz of other men are more important than fairness. Why is it down to women to change the behaviour of men? Let's see all the male sports people stepping forward and saying "this is wrong". 

The entire episode is unfair to women, isn’t it? I’m pretty sure the Olympic Committee, which I’m also pretty sure doesn’t just consist of men, won’t do anything to rock the boat that is PC, so who else is going to do it? You? 
If ALL athletes of both sexes walked out in support then that would be great, but they too have lucrative sponsorship contracts to think of, so who else is going to do anything about it? 
Incidentally, long before you joined in this thread, ALL dissenting voices stating how wrong and unfair this is, were male, but all you can do is once again have a rant about men! 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Scully said:

The entire episode is unfair to women, isn’t it? I’m pretty sure the Olympic Committee, which I’m also pretty sure doesn’t just consist of men, won’t do anything to rock the boat that is PC, so who else is going to do it? You? 
If ALL athletes of both sexes walked out in support then that would be great, but they too have lucrative sponsorship contracts to think of, so who else is going to do anything about it? 
Incidentally, long before you joined in this thread, ALL dissenting voices stating how wrong and unfair this is, were male, but all you can do is once again have a rant about men! 🤷‍♂️

Ah, you were doing so well there.

It's not all I've done. I've written to all kinds of people, I've put my name to petitions and I've joined in crowdfunding important court cases. 

In a world where proper representation is considered this  issue being discussed by two men and two Trans identified men (transwomen) (8pm Monday BBC) I am going to keep on refocusing  on the class of men.  They are the Lords of creation, they can stand it! 

And I give thanks that everyone I know with a gun licence thinks this issue is utter rubbish. 

On 21/06/2021 at 19:26, TRINITY said:

The world is going crazy in my opinion. New Zealand trans gender weight lifter Laurel Hubbard, being allowed to take part in Tokyo Olympics. 

I know some of the women lifters look like blokes but they must be at a disadvantage when this is allowed. If she wins hold it could set a trend as many more may choose this route as a way of achieving olypic success. 

Oh and I must mention this, one of her disciplines is reported to be the snatch.

I'll congratulate you on the pun, seeing as no one else has🤪👍

2 hours ago, ehb102 said:

I totally agree this shouldn't be down to the individual athletes. The only bit I'm struggling to understand is how this is mens problem to solve? 

6 hours ago, ehb102 said:

Ah, you were doing so well there.

It's not all I've done. I've written to all kinds of people, I've put my name to petitions and I've joined in crowdfunding important court cases. 

In a world where proper representation is considered this  issue being discussed by two men and two Trans identified men (transwomen) (8pm Monday BBC) I am going to keep on refocusing  on the class of men.  They are the Lords of creation, they can stand it! 

And I give thanks that everyone I know with a gun licence thinks this issue is utter rubbish. 

What on Earth are you going on about? 🤦‍♂️

11 hours ago, poppythedog said:

South Park got it right 2 years ago

As always South Park nailing it 🤣🤣🤣