Kennel and run suppliers

Do you mean £500 budget? 

I’d avoid wood and get a sleeping box with galvanised panels and a roof from KM Engineering or similar. You might be able to keep it under £500 if you just get the plain (not stock board) panels. 

Might go over budget mind. 

Sadly you don’t get a lot for £500. Might get a cheap one off EBay. In 5-10 years one will be scrap and the KM one will still be looking like new. 

I’m looking at something like the KM

engineering one below 👍🏻

2B386AF2-7166-4CEA-AB65-592C24F8C380.jpeg

6 hours ago, captainhastings said:

Yes I think I am going to up the budget and yours looks ideal

I just checked their Facebook and they put out a message yesterday saying they are facing major delays and supply issues after Brexit :/ not ideal. 

4 hours ago, Dave at kelton said:

Look at https://www.unthankfabrications.co.uk/

they do standard runs with boxes. They did some bespoke work for me so you can pretty much have what you want. Great products and service. Thoroughly nice people to deal with too!

These appear to just be a direct copy of KM stuff. 

Worth a look and looks a bit cheaper 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Lloyd90 said:

I just checked their Facebook and they put out a message yesterday saying they are facing major delays and supply issues after Brexit  not ideal. 

These appear to just be a direct copy of KM stuff. 

Worth a look and looks a bit cheaper 👍🏻

They are and KM promoted them when they started as his order book was full. I have both.

1 hour ago, Dave at kelton said:

They are and KM promoted them when they started as his order book was full. I have both.

Great to hear that Dave how do they compare? Is the stock board on the sleeping boxes the same type of thing?

I have messaged Unthank and asked them if they can do something the same as the one in the picture from KM. I just think the green sides look a lot better. 

1 minute ago, Lloyd90 said:

Great to hear that Dave how do they compare? Is the stock board on the sleeping boxes the same type of thing?

I have messaged Unthank and asked them if they can do something the same as the one in the picture from KM. I just think the green sides look a lot better. 

Seems to be the same stuff throughout. Unthank didn’t have doors on the standard model cabin so I asked them to add them to mine. If you took the labels off the two I would not see any difference between them and KM.

You will probably see from the website they have a great range of products and do a lot of other fabrication work to order. Only a young lad who started this. I know them as his dad is a local keeper and mum works dogs. Just good to support a fledgling business that produce good kit. A lot of us have bought it locally and I haven’t heard anyone who has had a problem.

This was the work they did for me as I had existing side and back panels and a wall that needed panels along the top. I just specified everything and it all fitted together as planned. I have since added my own roof and wall sheets.

B0A0FA6E-BC3E-4064-BCE9-CBC2F9680D33.jpeg

We’re just in the process of building a block of six kennels, all galv for a grand total of £2700 (not including the boxes inside)

If you can buy the materials and know somebody handy with a welder (hubby’s putting ours together and making the dog boxes) it can be done much cheaper 🤔

We already had the concrete pad, mind... plus there’s a chap near us that does ‘seconds’ materials but there’s nothing wrong with them as far as making kennels are concerned!

Also clad (cladded?) all the way around the back and sides

47D144E7-030E-452A-9D8B-50201EF334C8.jpeg

Edited by bigbird

17 hours ago, bigbird said:

We’re just in the process of building a block of six kennels, all galv for a grand total of £2700 (not including the boxes inside)

If you can buy the materials and know somebody handy with a welder (hubby’s putting ours together and making the dog boxes) it can be done much cheaper 🤔

We already had the concrete pad, mind... plus there’s a chap near us that does ‘seconds’ materials but there’s nothing wrong with them as far as making kennels are concerned!

Also clad (cladded?) all the way around the back and sides

47D144E7-030E-452A-9D8B-50201EF334C8.jpeg

That looks good Alison 👍🏻 Do you mind keeping us updated when you start? 

Are you going to put that plastic white clad on the inside? 👍🏻