hw .22 hornet

pigeonbasher1

15 hours ago, pigeonbasher1 said:

what you got please

Hi, nothing available I'm afraid. Posted as I've owned a Weihrauch - JM -  have shot an Anschutz and now have a Ruger No1. The HW is a good choice but I think it would be a mistake to ignore the other class acts especially as the offerings for this calibre  - with one exception - are few and far between. Folk are hanging on to them. Don't be afraid to think out of the box as there's a lot to be said for one round in one chamber with no magazine and no jams especially in the dark. Couple that up with a 1 in 14 twist, 50 gr and 2770 ft/sec/852ftlbs gives you certain advantages. But, naturally, only if required.

Good luck.

1 hour ago, wymberley said:

Hi, nothing available I'm afraid. Posted as I've owned a Weihrauch - JM -  have shot an Anschutz and now have a Ruger No1. The HW is a good choice but I think it would be a mistake to ignore the other class acts especially as the offerings for this calibre  - with one exception - are few and far between. Folk are hanging on to them. Don't be afraid to think out of the box as there's a lot to be said for one round in one chamber with no magazine and no jams especially in the dark. Couple that up with a 1 in 14 twist, 50 gr and 2770 ft/sec/852ftlbs gives you certain advantages. But, naturally, only if required.

Good luck.

A mate has the Ruger No 1 in .204. I STILL haven’t had a go with it! He says it’s one of the best rifles and calibres he’s ever owned. 
I think if I ever return to a CF at any time, it will be a No 1.

4 hours ago, Scully said:

A mate has the Ruger No 1 in .204. I STILL haven’t had a go with it! He says it’s one of the best rifles and calibres he’s ever owned. 
I think if I ever return to a CF at any time, it will be a No 1.

Can't help but wonder why the OP needs another Hornet unless cutting and threading his existing one went pear shaped - think it could have been an Anschutz so hopefully not.

• 1 month later...