New canopy for the Isuzu

loriusgarrulus

I have had the Mountain Top back on the Isuzu replaced with an Aeroklas ABS Canopy. Very pleased with the finish on the canopy and the increased loading room. I got an excellent deal from a company called Tallis Amos in Bibury who included removing the mountain top and fitting the canopy in with the price. Nice company to deal with. It was a bit of a trek to go to Bibury near Cirencester, 3.5hrs each way, but I saved about £800 compared to some other quotes I have had as this canopy was on clearance

20210623_212659.jpg

received_501156127825083.jpeg

Edited by loriusgarrulus

5 hours ago, Wilts#Dave said:

I must admit, that was my first thought too as it does look odd in black! 
Aa long as you’re happy and got a good deal though 😁

I could do with the same on my l200….

I liked the black better than the red I saw somewhere else which was a slight shade different and would have looked odd.

This was £1250 fitted as it was on clearance. I have seen them at over £2000.

13 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, sounds a good deal despite the long drive, did you get time to look around Bibury ? 

No I stayed at the dealers while it was fitted as it was out in the sticks, then I drove straight back. Going sightseeing is not as much fun on my own as yet.

8 minutes ago, Fisheruk said:

Very good, like the Dmax. I’m on my third now. Really good off road. Mine has the Pedlar lift suspension.

C7AA28B7-5F53-46E9-AFE0-3F8ECCD1624B.jpeg

I have been very pleased so far with the D Max. Its very comfortable to drive and good on the farm and wood track.

7 hours ago, loriusgarrulus said:

No I stayed at the dealers while it was fitted as it was out in the sticks, then I drove straight back. Going sightseeing is not as much fun on my own as yet.

I have been very pleased so far with the D Max. Its very comfortable to drive and good on the farm and wood track.

Ok I can understand that, good luck with the sale👍

4 hours ago, loriusgarrulus said:

The shiny black on the canopy looks so good I have ordered some "back to black" type stuff to do the Isuzu trim with.

DONT USE BACK TO BLACK PLEEEESE...........it contains linseed oil and once it builds up you will only be able to remove it with oven cleaner...it will ruin the interior...the interior is meant to be non-reflective (Matt)...so just clean it with a damp wrag.............if you are desperate to make it black use vaseline and then remove with dry cloth

that back to black stuff is awful

3 minutes ago, ditchman said:

DONT USE BACK TO BLACK PLEEEESE...........it contains linseed oil and once it builds up you will only be able to remove it with oven cleaner...it will ruin the interior...the interior is meant to be non-reflective (Matt)...so just clean it with a damp wrag.............if you are desperate to make it black use vaseline and then remove with dry cloth

that back to black stuff is awful

image.png.dc71697c0d9cdf342fde82f4c0d3b55d.png

Couldnt remember the name of the stuff. This is it. Its going on the outside trim.

Inside plastic only gets wiped with a damp rag and occasionally dettox if I spill something.

There is only one thing I use vaseline for............................

....... as a base for making essential oil skin salve. :)

20210701_110407.jpg

DONT USE ON THE OUTSIDE EITHER Yvonne:mad:

it is carp throw it away it does a lot of damage...........after you have sprayed it on the wheel arches (plastic)...they look ok but after about a year of it the spray will start to resemble someone with sunburn...it will start to peel and the only thing you can do is to apply more............the over spray will eeffet the paintwork as well..........i fell foul of this on one of my new disco's....when i couldnt get a shine on the paintwork in that area....it was the bloody spray       i tried everything to get it off even gently with wire wool...the only thing that will touch it is oven cleaner.............

it is up to you if you use it or not...but you will regret it if you do....for all your plastic trim use either vasiline or a rubber conditioner..(sort of like a red grease)

17 minutes ago, ditchman said:

DONT USE ON THE OUTSIDE EITHER Yvonne

it is carp throw it away it does a lot of damage...........after you have sprayed it on the wheel arches (plastic)...they look ok but after about a year of it the spray will start to resemble someone with sunburn...it will start to peel and the only thing you can do is to apply more............the over spray will eeffet the paintwork as well..........i fell foul of this on one of my new disco's....when i couldnt get a shine on the paintwork in that area....it was the bloody spray       i tried everything to get it off even gently with wire wool...the only thing that will touch it is oven cleaner.............

it is up to you if you use it or not...but you will regret it if you do....for all your plastic trim use either vasiline or a rubber conditioner..(sort of like a red grease)

Ok. You have convinced me. I will get the new jar of vaseline out the essential oils box. 

18 minutes ago, loriusgarrulus said:

Ok. You have convinced me. I will get the new jar of vaseline out the essential oils box. 

good girl...........on the can of back to black it dosnt list the ingredients.....but when i used it im sure i could smell linseed oil....i know linseed oil as i use it every week...

ive used vaseline for years...little goes a long way and it is better if it goes on when the weather is warm....and it also conditions old plastic that has gone grey....:good:

im sure Mel3 will come up with some other bloody alternative .like "essential oils of ginger "...or something strange like that

Buy some Williams waterless car cleaner use it on every part of the car except the windscreen. It will bring up the paint to a high gloss finish and will give a good finish on all the exterior trim black or gray . 

17 minutes ago, ditchman said:

good girl...........on the can of back to black it dosnt list the ingredients.....but when i used it im sure i could smell linseed oil....i know linseed oil as i use it every week...

ive used vaseline for years...little goes a long way and it is better if it goes on when the weather is warm....and it also conditions old plastic that has gone grey....:good:

im sure Mel3 will come up with some other bloody alternative .like "essential oils of ginger "...or something strange like that

Ditchman you are a genious. :)

20210701_163043.jpg

The petroleum gelly was only 99p from Home Bargains too. 🙆‍♀️

Edited by loriusgarrulus