Canada goose

3 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

So it seems they have decided to stop using fur on their Parker..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57592599

Surely a by product of an animal that has probably been hunted rather that farmed should be used?? Another little win for the anti fur lot.

Ive always thought that.

Even if something is farmed/bred for fur but treated well and the meat goes to human or animal feed and isn't wasted, I cant see the problem.

Next there will be uproar about leather, fgs.

I've nothing against using by product fur/skin and I hunt myself but if you really want to slow down the anti-fur brigade you have to start with the Chinese fur trade. Apparently it's ok over there to tie live Raccoons up to a chain link fence, then cut around their back legs and just strip the skin all the way off. They even beat the animal around the snout with a lead pipe because apparently the adrenaline makes the skin come off easier. And even then they can't be ***** to kill em. They just threw em on a pile of pathetic writhing bodies.

I'm not usually stuck for words but When I watched this video I was so appalled and shocked that I forgot to copy it. 

1 hour ago, toxo said:

I've nothing against using by product fur/skin and I hunt myself but if you really want to slow down the anti-fur brigade you have to start with the Chinese fur trade. Apparently it's ok over there to tie live Raccoons up to a chain link fence, then cut around their back legs and just strip the skin all the way off. They even beat the animal around the snout with a lead pipe because apparently the adrenaline makes the skin come off easier. And even then they can't be ***** to kill em. They just threw em on a pile of pathetic writhing bodies.

I'm not usually stuck for words but When I watched this video I was so appalled and shocked that I forgot to copy it. 

What gets me is that we get thrown under the same bus as them scumbags even though as shooters/hunters we go for the quick clean kill.

I don't think anything will shock me anymore after I saw a video about the Chinese wet markets