Feeling anxious

countryman

I had the same about 15 years ago. I was told, 9 months wait on NHS. I could have lived with it and waited if I was at a desk and not an action man. But the dam thing was causing so much discomfort, I enquired about private waiting time and cost. "Could I do next week? oh and £1300".  

Don't worry about it Countryman, its a walk in the park. I had keyhole, booked in at 9am, was third on the list. The worst bit is not being able to eat 24hrs before the anaesthetic. Then the ******* wheel you past the fresh coffee and toast department!!!! Was allowed out later in the day, and as above, just take it easy for the advised time to allow the mesh to bind before hurling logs about again!!

Get it done asap, and enjoy the fussing by the nurses!!!!

Atb T33

Saw the surgeon to day and he has put my mind at rest a bit more,  it’s going to be around mid July , the only slot is in London or it would be months to wait. I have to go up 3 days before for covid test and medical then isolate until the day. Thanks for all the support and all the best to those in the same boat.

6 hours ago, countryman said:

Saw the surgeon to day and he has put my mind at rest a bit more,  it’s going to be around mid July , the only slot is in London or it would be months to wait. I have to go up 3 days before for covid test and medical then isolate until the day. Thanks for all the support and all the best to those in the same boat.

Well done chum, not long to go now and as you can see from most of the comments above, you will be so much better for it.  The nurses do tend to spoil you too.

Let us know how you get on.

Pushkin:good:

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/06/2021 at 20:15, countryman said:

Thank you , I will be longer than the 7th July, I have my consultation on Monday with the possibility of having it done mid July may be. 

Morning countryman ..... Just an update about my Hernia operation yesterday , my pre assessment was last Thursday which lasted about an hour and half , all went well , I then was booked in for a Corvid jab Sunday at 9pm , once done I had to self isolate until the day of my op ( yesterday )

I was booked in at 12pm and should be home the same day , after arranging my Taxi for 11.30 I got a call from the hospital asking if I could get in any earlier , I rearranged my Taxi for 10.30 and was there by 10.45 as the hospital is only 3 miles away on the bypass , when I arrived I was well looked after by a friendly young nurse who done my gown up and put my anti blood clot stockings on , I then had two surgeons come and see me to answer a few questions and mark my leg pointing to the bulge in my groin .

I was wheeled into the theatre where several people were there to do different jobs on me , one was fitting a devise on the back of my hand while another was putting a Oxegon mask on , the last thing I heard was the chap saying you will start feeling drowsy and that was it , didn't know anything else until I was back in the recovery ward , I then heard the nurse calling my name and asking if I was in any amount of pain , I wont lie to you and say I wasn't because I was in a fair bit of pain as I have had my hernia for several years and before I went in there was a fair ole bulge , anyhow they gave me some strong liquid pain relief and in time I felt a bit better and had something to eat and a cup of tea , I had been in the recovery about five hours and the nurse said if you can go to the loo and have a wee you can go home.

I then drank two jugs of water and still didn't get the urge to go , I had got dressed by myself and could hobble around , finally I went and passed a small amount and ten minutes later I went again and all was well , I then arranged my daughter to pick me up in my car as it is easier to get in and out of than her smaller car , overall the staff were brilliant from start to finish and helped you in any way.

I got home just as the football started , had most of my tea and walked slowly around our block last thing at night with my wife and my dog , slept alright and a bit stiff in my groin area today , hopefully over the next few days I can walk a bit longer and starting to drive again , although they did say not to drive until you can do an emergency stop if needed , might be worth looking at your car insurance .

Anyhow I hope you soon get fixed up and I can assure you it is nothing to worry about , easier said than done because I felt the same as you but now I am glad it is over , not totally pain free but my age might be different as I am nearly 74 , the pain you might get at first is easy to manage and you might not get any pain at all , so good luck and let me know how it went ,

All the very best     John

Well done MM. We will expect a report about your outings on ripening wheat in the next few days.

To the OP and others going through some sort of medical procedure I would urge you just to be brave. I am the most wimpy man known to medical science but I feel I was brave when a botched medical procedure left me with a serious uterine infection resulting in significant bleeding including a fountain of blood from my penis. To the nurses cleaning me up was strictly routine but to me my privacy was invaded and I just had to deal with it.

5 minutes ago, JDog said:

Well done MM. We will expect a report about your outings on ripening wheat in the next few days.

To the OP and others going through some sort of medical procedure I would urge you just to be brave. I am the most wimpy man known to medical science but I feel I was brave when a botched medical procedure left me with a serious uterine infection resulting in significant bleeding including a fountain of blood from my penis. To the nurses cleaning me up was strictly routine but to me my privacy was invaded and I just had to deal with it.

Nice!!!!!!! Don't think he wanted/needed to hear that.

1 hour ago, JDog said:

Good afternoon Mr JDog , hope everything with your private parts are as well as can be expected , mine now are for toilet use only and the days of other uses are now in the memory bank , thank god I have still got a good memory :lol:

I will certainly give you a report on findings on the various crops but I don't think I will be reducing the numbers until the Pea stubble or Barley stubble come into play , when one them yesterday asked me if there were any questions , I did ask what weight I could start off lifting when things return back to normal , the chap said no more than 2 kilos , that is about the weight of my large battery or the weight of three good pigeons , you imagine having to walk across a large field  shoot 30 pigeons and then make 10 trips in carting the bag off , no thanks I will wait a couple of weeks till I can drive to my chosen spot

2 hours ago, Robden said:

Nice!!!!!!! Don't think he wanted/needed to hear that.

Not really the best bit of news I have heard today , you don't realise how many bits can go wrong with your body until you start advancing in years , and for some unfortunate souls the problems can start a lot earlier than that:good: .

16 hours ago, marsh man said:

Good afternoon Mr JDog , hope everything with your private parts are as well as can be expected , mine now are for toilet use only and the days of other uses are now in the memory bank , thank god I have still got a good memory 

I will certainly give you a report on findings on the various crops but I don't think I will be reducing the numbers until the Pea stubble or Barley stubble come into play , when one them yesterday asked me if there were any questions , I did ask what weight I could start off lifting when things return back to normal , the chap said no more than 2 kilos , that is about the weight of my large battery or the weight of three good pigeons , you imagine having to walk across a large field  shoot 30 pigeons and then make 10 trips in carting the bag off , no thanks I will wait a couple of weeks till I can drive to my chosen spot

Not really the best bit of news I have heard today , you don't realise how many bits can go wrong with your body until you start advancing in years , and for some unfortunate souls the problems can start a lot earlier than that:good: .

I know just what you mean. 70+ now and everything still working (well, nearly everything) but my brain keeps saying "Yes you can." but my body keeps saying, "Oh no you bloody can't."  

If we are discussing urinary tracts I had a certain type of catheter fitted after my transplant that had a kind of "pigs tail" arrangement on the end that coiled up when a piece of wire built into the device was pulled tight, after 17 days a nurse came along to remove it but forgot to release the coil. When they remove these beasts they do it in one long quick pull, a bit like starting a chainsaw. Long story short, 5 operations to try and repair the damage before finally accepting defeat and removing 4 inches of my urethra, worse bit is when you lose 4 inches of urethra it's going to have a knock on effect to the bit it's connected to.

15 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

If we are discussing urinary tracts I had a certain type of catheter fitted after my transplant that had a kind of "pigs tail" arrangement on the end that coiled up when a piece of wire built into the device was pulled tight, after 17 days a nurse came along to remove it but forgot to release the coil. When they remove these beasts they do it in one long quick pull, a bit like starting a chainsaw. Long story short, 5 operations to try and repair the damage before finally accepting defeat and removing 4 inches of my urethra, worse bit is when you lose 4 inches of urethra it's going to have a knock on effect to the bit it's connected to.

That's just made me feel faint 😢.

On 08/07/2021 at 11:33, marsh man said:

Morning countryman ..... Just an update about my Hernia operation yesterday , my pre assessment was last Thursday which lasted about an hour and half , all went well , I then was booked in for a Corvid jab Sunday at 9pm , once done I had to self isolate until the day of my op ( yesterday )

I was booked in at 12pm and should be home the same day , after arranging my Taxi for 11.30 I got a call from the hospital asking if I could get in any earlier , I rearranged my Taxi for 10.30 and was there by 10.45 as the hospital is only 3 miles away on the bypass , when I arrived I was well looked after by a friendly young nurse who done my gown up and put my anti blood clot stockings on , I then had two surgeons come and see me to answer a few questions and mark my leg pointing to the bulge in my groin .

I was wheeled into the theatre where several people were there to do different jobs on me , one was fitting a devise on the back of my hand while another was putting a Oxegon mask on , the last thing I heard was the chap saying you will start feeling drowsy and that was it , didn't know anything else until I was back in the recovery ward , I then heard the nurse calling my name and asking if I was in any amount of pain , I wont lie to you and say I wasn't because I was in a fair bit of pain as I have had my hernia for several years and before I went in there was a fair ole bulge , anyhow they gave me some strong liquid pain relief and in time I felt a bit better and had something to eat and a cup of tea , I had been in the recovery about five hours and the nurse said if you can go to the loo and have a wee you can go home.

I then drank two jugs of water and still didn't get the urge to go , I had got dressed by myself and could hobble around , finally I went and passed a small amount and ten minutes later I went again and all was well , I then arranged my daughter to pick me up in my car as it is easier to get in and out of than her smaller car , overall the staff were brilliant from start to finish and helped you in any way.

I got home just as the football started , had most of my tea and walked slowly around our block last thing at night with my wife and my dog , slept alright and a bit stiff in my groin area today , hopefully over the next few days I can walk a bit longer and starting to drive again , although they did say not to drive until you can do an emergency stop if needed , might be worth looking at your car insurance .

Anyhow I hope you soon get fixed up and I can assure you it is nothing to worry about , easier said than done because I felt the same as you but now I am glad it is over , not totally pain free but my age might be different as I am nearly 74 , the pain you might get at first is easy to manage and you might not get any pain at all , so good luck and let me know how it went ,

All the very best     John

Thanks John, glad your sorted now, mine has been cancelled, i am back to nhs now but not seeing anyone until next month and I have no idea when it will actually be done so I just have to keep going. 
Thanks Chris