Matt Hancock has been caught getting a Hancock

discobob

There needs to be a huge investigation and heads need to roll. A prison sentence would not be too harsh.

for whomever leaked the CCTV images taken from within the confines of Whitehall.  If Boris had any part or knowledge of this leak he should go too.   Disgraceful. Trump like gutter politics.

Edited by scolopax

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, scolopax said:

A prison sentence would not be too harsh. for whomever leaked the CCTV images taken from within the confines of Whitehall.

What crime exactly do you think they have committed?

You are aware that there are public interest defences for betraying confidentiality?  And indeed a prosecution, cannot proceed if the CPS deems it not to be in the public interest.

Of course the what interests the public isn't necessarily the same as the public interest, but I suspect a criminal prosecution wouldn't get very far.

36 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

What crime exactly do you think they have committed?

If it is CCTV form a system installed in a Government building/office - the probably the Official Secrets Act (OSA) -as the recording will be classified - as well as theft of data and almost certainly committing a breach of employment contract (which is not criminal).

If it came from a 'bug' in the form of illicitly planted camera, then the OSA certainly - and almost certainly employment contract (using a recording device in employers/Government premises).

42 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

I suspect a criminal prosecution wouldn't get very far.

The Official Secrets Act is there to protect both the 'secrets' and the 'officials' from unauthorised disclosure.

I doubt it

11 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

If it is CCTV form a system installed in a Government building/office - the probably the Official Secrets Act (OSA) -as the recording will be classified

CCTV doesn't generally monitor 'floorplates' -to use the MOD lingo - where material with a security classification is handled.  Can you see how that would create a security vulnerability in  and of itself?

There is a cost to giving material a security classification, and the default isn't just do it - or at least as a taxpayer I hope not.

1 minute ago, udderlyoffroad said:

CCTV doesn't generally monitor 'floorplates' -to use the MOD lingo - where material with a security classification is handled.  Can you see how that would create a security vulnerability in  and of itself?

There is a cost to giving material a security classification, and the default isn't just do it - or at least as a taxpayer I hope not.

I'm sure that is correct, BUT CCTV does monitor thoroughfare, corridors, lifts etc. - often for safely or security reasons, and it would be my understanding (from long past, but I suspect still true) that if it was a Government building all of the premises would be a "Restricted Area" within the meaning of the OSA and therefore any recordings would have at least a low security classification.  I don't even know that this was filmed in Gov't premises either.

In any case, any CCTV owner/operator has a duty under the various protection of data legislation to ensure that any recording/data of on on anyone is only used solely for the purposes authorised - which should be available to visitors and employees etc.  That would not include publication in the press, and would include safe custody whilst it is retained and safe erasure/disposal after the expiry period.

The amount of leaks of Government material of various sorts - whether it was stuff on Brexit, Cummings, Hancock or whatever is shocking - and in my view the leaks need to be stopped.  That should probably mean making an example of 'a leaker'.  Someone did so to Gavin Williamson if you remember re disclosing the content of Cabinet discussions about Huawei.

10 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

And while all this stupid behaviour is being publicised, what will be sneaked through while we were all looking the other way?:w00t:

Actually it does strike me as a "Good day to bury bad news" type of day - a proverbial Kansas City Shuffle!!

Can't say I'm particularly bothered, except to say what a plonker for getting caught like that

"so you are back here again Fletcher, what are you in here for this time?"

"Getting caught Mr Mackay"

rule 1) Don't get caught 

Edited by Vince Green

8 hours ago, Mice! said:

20210625_113935.jpg.2270647cf1151d5c0bfe4cf209c7ddc2.jpg

I'm just glad he got caught with a consenting women, Boris will probably hi five him.

Brris will let Hancock  keep his job for a week or Two providing they share, Mrs Borris (2021) won’t be wanting his services now they are married!

atb Agriv8

I really can't see it being a problem, happens to me most weeks. It doesn't affect my work in any way and helps to build a good relationship with my staff. 

Now if it was being done during a party political broadcast I would agree with it being out of order. 

35 minutes ago, Agriv8 said:

Brris will let Hancock  keep his job for a week or Two providing they share, Mrs Borris (2021) won’t be wanting his services now they are married!

atb Agriv8

You can't mean Mrs Boris has now got what she wanted 😅😅😅

Really is this news? Most people are guilty of a bit of philandering and frankly old Matthew having a bit of a snog and a grope with his quite attractive aide shouldn't qualify as news. Even if he was definitely punching way out of his league. And everyone baying for his blood, he is or was locked in a building probably in the same room as this woman for hours and days on end working together in close proximity, they're likely more in a bubble than most people are with their own family! The man is an odious little ferret much like all the other politicians but this is just mud slinging for the sake of it. 

14 minutes ago, Benthejockey said:

Really is this news? Most people are guilty of a bit of philandering and frankly old Matthew having a bit of a snog and a grope with his quite attractive aide shouldn't qualify as news. Even if he was definitely punching way out of his league. And everyone baying for his blood, he is or was locked in a building probably in the same room as this woman for hours and days on end working together in close proximity, they're likely more in a bubble than most people are with their own family! The man is an odious little ferret much like all the other politicians but this is just mud slinging for the sake of it. 

The point is he's not just like one of us, he has been the face of setting restrictions for everyone in the entire country, people have been fined and placed under house arrest while he's seemingly breached the rules himself.