Matt Hancock has been caught getting a Hancock

discobob

2 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

The point is he's not just like one of us, he has been the face of setting restrictions for everyone in the entire country, people have been fined and placed under house arrest while he's seemingly breached the rules himself. 

No he's not like one of us otherwise I'd be a damn sight wealthier! But politicians have always been of the do as I say not as I do mentality and always will be. For the most part they're idiots who like the sound of their own voice and live to line their own pockets. I've got no sympathy for him but I fail to see why it's really an issue. Millions of people went out flouting the rules doing much worse than this and never had any come back. I'm a self employed key worker, I lost work and had the entire 1st lockdown caring for a 2yr old and trying to make a 14yr old do some school work, and I still don't care that he was snogging some bird in his office. As far as I'm concerned that contributed a million times less to any covid spreading than the 3 million people who used my fields as personal dog walking fields or the 4 million cyclists coughing and spluttering their way up the hill past my house every day. Or the people that were still going out and having parties and meeting up and single people still ******** each other without wearing a mask...So yes he was a naughty boy but it really doesn't matter.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Benthejockey said:

No he's not like one of us otherwise I'd be a damn sight wealthier! But politicians have always been of the do as I say not as I do mentality and always will be. For the most part they're idiots who like the sound of their own voice and live to line their own pockets. I've got no sympathy for him but I fail to see why it's really an issue. Millions of people went out flouting the rules doing much worse than this and never had any come back. I'm a self employed key worker, I lost work and had the entire 1st lockdown caring for a 2yr old and trying to make a 14yr old do some school work, and I still don't care that he was snogging some bird in his office. As far as I'm concerned that contributed a million times less to any covid spreading than the 3 million people who used my fields as personal dog walking fields or the 4 million cyclists coughing and spluttering their way up the hill past my house every day. Or the people that were still going out and having parties and meeting up and single people still ******** each other without wearing a mask...So yes he was a naughty boy but it really doesn't matter.

We'll just have to disagree, but in my opinion someone who is responsible for ensuring everyone else is under house arrest and can't see loved ones before they die but then brazenly flouts the rules themselves is far worse. It's like a cop who deals drugs,id expect them to be made example of. 

Never struck me as the brightest of blokes and the fact that he let his todger over ride his brain says he will not be a big loss. 

There are some bright and capable people in the Tories and often wondered why the likes of Mat Hancock and Gavin Williamson get cabinet posts.

8 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, one must not forget Major John 🤔 had a liking for hot Curry 😁, so now we find Mr Hancock being a bit careless with his social distance rules, and got caught in the Sun 🙄

at the time i believe Edwina was having trouble with her eggs...............and Major offered to fertilize them......

1 hour ago, dead eye alan said:

You play with fire you get burnt! no sympathy from me, how ever who would want to take his position now?

Too true which is probably why the PM is hanging on to him in the sure and certain knowledge that no one else will take the job. Talk about a poison chalice; you'd have better career prospects and life expectancy being a sheep farmer on Gruinard Island.

20 hours ago, scolopax said:

There needs to be a huge investigation and heads need to roll. A prison sentence would not be too harsh.

for whomever leaked the CCTV images taken from within the confines of Whitehall.  If Boris had any part or knowledge of this leak he should go too.   Disgraceful. Trump like gutter politics.

This was in the Mail today, see how it develops.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9727215/Was-spy-camera-caught-Matt-Hancock-clinch-aide-hidden-smoke-alarm.html

What puzzles me is that it is being alleged today that the event took place "in his office" and was recorded on a covert camera concealed in a smoke detector.  If true (and it is from a press column), the fact that Government ministers are being bugged in their personal work offices is very worrying.

(See Pangolin's post above which came up as I was typing!)

Edited by JohnfromUK

10 hours ago, wymberley said:

Too true which is probably why the PM is hanging on to him in the sure and certain knowledge that no one else will take the job. Talk about a poison chalice; you'd have better career prospects and life expectancy being a sheep farmer on Gruinard Island.

I believe he is an honest bloke genuinely trying to do the best he can in what has turned into the nightmare job from hell.

There are people who hate him and BoJo just because they have posh accents and went to good schools. Pretty much the same people who hate us for what we are. 

With their background and education they could be earning a lot more money for a lot less hassle and personal attacks.in other industries.

He only earns as much as a middle manager (not a senior manager) in most NHS trusts that report to him. Head of trusts earn five times what he does yet he is their boss.

Who would want the name calling, the continual criticism and allegations of incompetence and corruption, the intense scrutiny of every word you utter?  Plus having to work 24/7 and having the press spying on you?

Great job! who would want it?

Edited by Vince Green

7 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

trying to do the best he can in what has turned into the nightmare job from hell.

That is probably true, however there is far, far to much  dirty washing;

• Caught with another woman
  • Caught breaking distancing rules he devised
  • Very critical and adamant Professor Ferguson resign for doing something similar
  • Very critical over Scottish Health adviser for breach of rules (visiting her second home?)
  • Awarding PPE Contract to a friend from his pub
  • Giving directorship to his old friend and ? mistress
  • NHS Contracts going to her family members
  • Allegedly considered 'useless' by Johnson
  • Considered 'useless and a liar' by Cummings (whatever that means)

Its not a good record.  I wonder if Cummings arranged the recording and it's leakage to the press?