Matt Hancock has been caught getting a Hancock

discobob

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

I believe he is an honest bloke genuinely trying to do the best he can in what has turned into the nightmare job from hell.

But do you really, or are you just struggling to get your head around the fact that the man who pushed on us the silly rules you so slavishly followed wasn't following them himself?

22 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

We'll just have to disagree, but in my opinion someone who is responsible for ensuring everyone else is under house arrest and can't see loved ones before they die but then brazenly flouts the rules themselves is far worse. It's like a cop who deals drugs,id expect them to be made example of. 

This above +1.

11 minutes ago, treetree said:

But do you really, or are you just struggling to get your head around the fact that the man who pushed on us the silly rules you so slavishly followed wasn't following them himself?

None as blind as those who choose not to see. 

Edited by enfieldspares

25 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

That is probably true, however there is far, far to much  dirty washing;

• Caught with another woman
  • Caught breaking distancing rules he devised
  • Very critical and adamant Professor Ferguson resign for doing something similar
  • Very critical over Scottish Health adviser for breach of rules (visiting her second home?)
  • Awarding PPE Contract to a friend from his pub
  • Giving directorship to his old friend and ? mistress
  • NHS Contracts going to her family members
  • Allegedly considered 'useless' by Johnson
  • Considered 'useless and a liar' by Cummings (whatever that means)

Its not a good record.  I wonder if Cummings arranged the recording and it's leakage to the press?

Not being liked by Cummings is a massive plus for him in my opinion

1 hour ago, treetree said:

Yes I really do, and how do you know I so slavishly followed  them? You don't know me or anything about me so don't make assumptions.

Having three homes has allowed us to live more or less unaffected by lockdown. The shopping gets delivered where ever we live, we can walk on the beach if we want to when in Cornwall. Or we can drive back to the flat in London or the house in Surrey as we wish. Its not been a problem, As Wimbledon starts next week my OH will be glued to the box and she has tickets for some of the days so lockdown is hardly a problem for us.

I will just go to Bisley on the days she is at or watching Wimbledon . Our lockdown has been very easy. Actually I have rather enjoyed it, apart from not seeing the family so much

Edited by Vince Green

44 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

That is probably true, however there is far, far to much  dirty washing;

• Caught with another woman
  • Caught breaking distancing rules he devised
  • Very critical and adamant Professor Ferguson resign for doing something similar
  • Very critical over Scottish Health adviser for breach of rules (visiting her second home?)
  • Awarding PPE Contract to a friend from his pub
  • Giving directorship to his old friend and ? mistress
  • NHS Contracts going to her family members
  • Allegedly considered 'useless' by Johnson
  • Considered 'useless and a liar' by Cummings (whatever that means)

Its not a good record.  I wonder if Cummings arranged the recording and it's leakage to the press?

Half of that list is probably true of most politicians,  jobs for the boys.

Number 2,3,4 he was at his office, with a work colleague not another house while we were being told to stay home, he's been caught cheating,  not the first or the last.

And having resigned he can get out of the lime light and take it easy while hopefully trying to patch things up with his family.

4 minutes ago, bavarianbrit said:

Will he now have to sign on the dole?

No he will get a much better job at five times the salary in the City. The job offers will be pouring in.

mind you, he is still an MP so apart from the minister's element of his salary nothing has changed.

Edited by Vince Green

I feel saddened by the whole thing, on balance he had done a decent job, one for which no one had any prior experience of over the last 15 months or so, then got publicly knifed by that unelected toxic cretin whose first three letters of his surname are so apt for this situation and then had to fall on his sword because he did something we have probably all done at some point or other...kissed something he shouldn't have.  Slap on the wrist and go back to work on Monday Hancock should have been the outcome... 

But aren't all politicians, everywhere morally corrupt?   Seems politics is an escape route for the work-shy as a career option or for those where the career selected hasn't worked out. We are simply expecting too much of the raw materials aren't we?  If the cabinet was comprised of dogs we'd simply put Hancock down as a Labrador and 'they all do that'.

he kissed a  college with a bit of grab **** thrown in        implied affair   media beat it to death      there are two families involved in this  his wife and kids   her husband and kids       are victims      it may have ben  innocent or not  and yet the media run the country              labour   dodd     if you want election    stop being a spitfull corbanite sort your own house out      with hate speak  tell us what you can do   you are a whiner    after the event nothing posative    i could never vote for labour with spitfull ********  who whine  tell me wgat you are going to do and do it           borris said he did and wants to do more    has my vote     build it they will come     without building the country is on its knees   the knock on  helps everyone      labour cant fix  spitfull  bitch and whine   anti Semitism  hate speech       so if borris keeps his **** together     he will win        stama   is a whiner after the event        i want the best for the country   going forward not party  

8 hours ago, Saltings said:

he kissed a  college with a bit of grab **** thrown in        implied affair   media beat it to death      there are two families involved in this  his wife and kids   her husband and kids       are victims      it may have ben  innocent or not  and yet the media run the country              labour   dodd     if you want election    stop being a spitfull corbanite sort your own house out      with hate speak  tell us what you can do   you are a whiner    after the event nothing posative    i could never vote for labour with spitfull  who whine  tell me wgat you are going to do and do it           borris said he did and wants to do more    has my vote     build it they will come     without building the country is on its knees   the knock on  helps everyone      labour cant fix  spitfull  bitch and whine   anti Semitism  hate speech       so if borris keeps his **** together     he will win        stama   is a whiner after the event        i want the best for the country   going forward not party  

What is it with your writing? It never makes any sense to me.

1 hour ago, bavarianbrit said:

What is it with your writing? It never makes any sense to me.

BB, please allow him his way, he struggles to communicate in text, but if you bother to read it slowly as he probably wrote it, then it will make a lot of sense.

Key question for me is, who’s next on Cummings list. I’m thinking Gove but we’ll know soon enough.

Edit: actually the more likely scenario is that the plan is to leave Gove as last man standing with a clear path to No. 10. with his aide alongside him.

Edited by Raja Clavata

1 hour ago, Raja Clavata said:

Key question for me is, who’s next on Cummings list. I’m thinking Gove but we’ll know soon enough.

Absolutely not Gove, Cummings is trying to steer Gove into Boris' job so he can come back as  Gove's hatchet man. All this character assassination of Boris and Hancock  is not random 

We still don't know who leaked the CCTV footage. Actually, a key question thats not being asked. 

That is Cummings game plan. He is  plotting his return, like Voldermort in Harry Potter 

Edited by Vince Green

25 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

We still don't know who leaked the CCTV footage. Actually, a key question thats not being asked.

There is more on that in today's press; https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9729735/Hunt-Department-Health-MOLE-Mandarins-probe-CCTV-leak-doomed-Matt-Hancock.html

What with this leakage, and a pile of (some highly) classified (MoD) documents being handed to the BBC - there is a serious security problem at present - and that is before you worry about spies!

Many who have worked either in the Services, or for Contractors to the Services/Defence suppliers will know that security was a serious matter - and even accidental breaches could result in dismissal and worse in intentional breaches.  It is time someone now took this seriously.

Well, he's gone as he had to for committing a 'crime' which had there been anyone else in Eden at the time would have undoubtably occurred for the first time in the garden and which has done so continually ever since. However, it would seem that he is also a victim of another one which is somewhat more serious. If we are unable to ascertain who is responsible for leaking the film either because there is no interest in doing so or because we are unable to which would mean that they go unpunished, then by its very nature we're in more trouble than we think.

2 minutes ago, wymberley said:

However, it would seem that he is also a victim of another one which is somewhat more serious. If we are unable to ascertain who is responsible for leaking the film either because there is no interest in doing so or because we are unable to which would mean that they go unpunished, then by its very nature we're in more trouble than we think.

Agreed - and coupled with a leak/loss of other highly classified MoD documents also reported today - shows that security in Gov't is in a mess.  An example needs to be made to illustrate that security is taken seriously and will be applied as the law dictates.

The Hancock leak was without doubt deliberate - and as such I hope someone feels the full force of the law.  Whatever you may think of a Minister, having the Minister lose their job at the will and whim of a dishonest member of security staff is totally unacceptable.

The MoD leak may have been either accidental (seems likely) in which case someone needs a severe disciplinary action - or deliberate (seems unlikely as they were 'found' in a bus shelter) in which case someone needs to be prosecuted under the Official Secrets Act.  Those papers might easily have put service personnel's lives at risk from what we have been told of the contents.