Matt Hancock has been caught getting a Hancock

discobob

6 minutes ago, oowee said:

Not a party issue????

Whether you should resign (or not) as a minister through misbehaviour in office is a Ministry/Gov't issue rather than a party issue was what I meant.  I suppose that as his party are the one that forms the Gov't there is overlap.

As a party matter, it could have been taken I suppose to one of the party 'seniors' (chairman, chief whip?) - but I agree with 12guage82 that party action would have been uncertain.

I'm sure he is not the only person in any of the parties to be playing away!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Whether you should resign (or not) as a minister through misbehaviour in office is a Ministry/Gov't issue rather than a party issue was what I meant.  I suppose that as his party are the one that forms the Gov't there is overlap.

As a party matter, it could have been taken I suppose to one of the party 'seniors' (chairman, chief whip?) - but I agree with 12guage82 that party action would have been uncertain.

I'm sure he is not the only person in any of the parties to be playing away!

Playing away is one thing but telling the public... no ordering the public to follow rules that do not apply to him is simply extracting the urine. The leader of the party is saying, urinating on the public is acceptable. 

7 minutes ago, oowee said:

to follow rules that do not apply to him is simply extracting the urine.

Which is why he has gone (somewhat late and reluctantly, I agree).  However - leaking that video to the papers for the who;le thing to have been on the front page is wrong.  He has a wife and children - and it is almost certainly also illegal.

Was it even illegal if they were working together? I know plenty who were going to work at that time and no social distancing. People weren't working in kitchens, building sites, and many other jobs where they were in close contact with their colleagues wearing masks all the time.

Building sites never closed down and most Transits I saw on their way to work were 3 up in the front with no masks. I don't think they lost their jobs as a result.

Not condoning the playing away part but although I think it wrong I don't think you should lose your job over it. It would be a bit disastrous if everyone playing away got sacked. Being rubbish at your job is what should get you sacked but then all the politicians would be out on their ear.

14 minutes ago, 39TDS said:

Was it even illegal if they were working together?

I can understand that 2m may be difficult in some situations ......... but there wasn't even a cigarette paper here .......

To be fair I think he has (eventually) admitted he broke the rules.

16 minutes ago, 39TDS said:

I don't think you should lose your job over it.

If it was just that - I'd at least partly agree - but it was so many things - including letting contracts to pals, care home protection, PPE, questions over honesty, etc.  Trust had been eroded away.