Jump to content

Car Cleaning with snow foam


Recommended Posts

I'm interested in purchasing a snow foam lance with snow foam. It will be used with a pressure washer (LIDL) make. As usual, there's loads of different ones out there. Has anyone used a good one and if so, what make is it?

                     Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, paulinlincs said:

I used to use a lance from clean your car. Com but got bored of all the faff. 

I now use a hand held pump snow foamer from carbon collective. Easier to use and takes up less room. 

Good idea. Thanks. :good:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, loriusgarrulus said:

That’ll do a great job of removing every ounce of protection from the paint too…..hopefully you wax the car after you use that! 
Aa said just get a snow foam Lance from the likes of clean your car and some good quality snow foam. 
It is a faff though, unless you’ve got plenty of time on your hands. 
i used to regularly spend whole days cleaning my car going back some years and really got into ‘detailing’, I never realised there were so many products and processes to get a car properly gleaming!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Wilts#Dave said:

That’ll do a great job of removing every ounce of protection from the paint too…..hopefully you wax the car after you use that! 
Aa said just get a snow foam Lance from the likes of clean your car and some good quality snow foam. 
It is a faff though, unless you’ve got plenty of time on your hands. 
i used to regularly spend whole days cleaning my car going back some years and really got into ‘detailing’, I never realised there were so many products and processes to get a car properly gleaming!! 

The Isuzu is still very shiney as was the Mokka I used it on before and the Movano van before that.

Its not noticeable on the Defender Wolf as thats Matt finish Nato green. 

Did you have a problem when you used it. 🤷‍♀️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would not use a degreaser to wash a car.

Anything that gets into a wheel arch (for example) will be also getting to the bake and suspension components, other parts that are usually lightly greased include the bonnet latch (it's bare metal, the grease is there to protect it) boot latch, door hinges, etc. A degreaser will strip ALL of that protection away

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had an electrical problem on my van caused by an electrical spike when the headlamp got broken. Resulted in a secondhand ECU being fitted. The van had to go to a specialist to have the replacement ECU reprogrammed.

Chatting to him he said the majority of his work came from cars that had been cleaned using pressure washers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

find tis thread very strange...............i have a foam attatchment on my sthil pressure washer...........i just put a good slug of fairy liquid in it....spray the whole car and then ....with a very ..very soft broom   just gently wipe it all over the car ...then wash off with the washer on a band spray setting

i feel there is nothing more to do on these modern car finishes...cept wrag it off if you are in a hard water area....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

find tis thread very strange...............i have a foam attatchment on my sthil pressure washer...........i just put a good slug of fairy liquid in it....spray the whole car and then ....with a very ..very soft broom   just gently wipe it all over the car ...then wash off with the washer on a band spray setting

i feel there is nothing more to do on these modern car finishes...cept wrag it off if you are in a hard water area....

Go have a look at some of the threads on detailing world. It’s not uncommon for people to spend a full couple of days cleaning a car, some up to a week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JTaylor91 said:

Go have a look at some of the threads on detailing world. It’s not uncommon for people to spend a full couple of days cleaning a car, some up to a week.

I rate it as a ten minute job, but it always P’s me off because it takes three times that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JTaylor91 said:

Go have a look at some of the threads on detailing world. It’s not uncommon for people to spend a full couple of days cleaning a car, some up to a week.

life is too damn short to do that..........some folk must have very shallow lives..............friend of mine has a old supercharged ex racing Bentley...(like the one Steed had in the Avengers)...he just wipes it over with a rag with an oil/parafeen mix in it...........does the leather with some sort of oil....then thats it..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, ditchman said:

find tis thread very strange...............i have a foam attatchment on my sthil pressure washer...........i just put a good slug of fairy liquid in it....spray the whole car and then ....with a very ..very soft broom   just gently wipe it all over the car ...then wash off with the washer on a band spray setting

i feel there is nothing more to do on these modern car finishes...cept wrag it off if you are in a hard water area....

^^^^ This. Only I use a Karcher pressure washer. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do however own a snow foam attachment, it came from pro Kleen and it’s pretty good even on my little karcher 

I got it for the other half’s car to make cleaning a bit more fun, it’s no easier than normal washing but it does get a good amount of detergent all over the body then rub down and rinse. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...